It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

thespirals HB User
out of control hair!

Hi everyone,
I have naturally thin hair. It used to be very straight...somewhere over the past few years, I started to get split ends like crazy. I've always had a degree of split ends, but now its just so much. There was a point where I didn't cut my hair for about 3 years, and I used to put it in a messy bun a lot.I didn't take good care of it for a couple of years....

I recently cut it a couple of months ago, but not too much shorter then it was, and put in layers. I was hoping it make it healthier looking....it does look healier, but it's still out of control. I have flyaways that go all the way up to my scalp. I wash my hair about twice a week and never blow dry and rarely ever use a flat or curling iron.

The inside part of my hair has started to become curly. It kinks and angles out in weird directions. There are parts of my hair that have perfect ringlets on the inside. The inside part is darker and looks unhealthy. The outer part of my hair is straight and looks nice and healthy. This makes my hair look constantly unbrushed. I can brush it and in an hour it looks messy again.

I started using a shaping cream to try to curl my hair, but the straight parts wont stick. I tried to use coconut oil to sooth out the curly parts, but that doesn't look so great either. I just want nice smooth shiny healthy looking hair. I have a good diet...I don't know what is wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

Correctusage HB User
Re: out of control hair!

Your description sounds like I wrote it about myself haha! I've always had fine hair, but it really started to thin out when I reached my early 20s. I became ill 2 years ago with a still undiagnosed condition (involving bathroom visits ewwwww) and my hair is embarrassing!

Since becoming sickly, my hair sheds like crazy and I'm disgusted by my bathroom floor where it falls when I comb it. Since the texture changed, like yours, I had been trying to straighten it underneath or curl it all over and it just made the shedding and breakage worse. So for the past week, I have not used any heat to style it and it looks just awful. Thin, broken pieces sticking out all the way up to my scalp, wiry/wavy/weird under texture, and fine and straight on the top layer.

Oh, and did I mention that at 29 I've been progressively getting greyer and greyer since 24? I'm humiliated by my stupid ugly hair! Auuughhhhh!

So now what I do is shower at night before bed, use gentle shampoo/conditioner on it, then spray with keratin after shower, comb gently with wide toothed comb, twist it gently into a bun at the nape of my neck, and sleep on it. Sleeping on my wet hair helps to smooth down the sticking out parts, and having it in the gentle bun makes the ends of my hair a bit wavy and uniform. Then in the morning I use volumizing powder or hairspray at the roots to add some oomph and I leave it at that. No heat, minimal styling, and I'm not too ashamed to go to the grocery store.

I have extreme hair envy and when I see that EVERYONE else in society has thick, lush, gorgeous hair I get so self conscious and jealous. And yes, I've been using extra strength hair supplements for months with no huge improvement. Woe is me.

Closed Thread