It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

Dfix HB User
Question White stuff in hair

Ok, gonna try to give the short version, first of all I am middle aged and up until about 5 years ago I had good hair, pretty thick some natural wave which I usually blowed out. I have been highlighting my hair for about 15 years and the first years did it myself but when the grey came on started having it done. All was fine then about 5 or 3 years ago I started noticing my hair getting limp loosing body and frizzes, had been going to a new place about that time to get the highlights and due to reasons changed places again last year. Anyway it just has been harder to dry yet lifeless. Of course I have tried everything from P Mitchell, Redkin to Suave and nothing changes it much.
THEN this happened and it is going to sound strange, but I had just purchased the Furminator (cat brush) for my cat, she sheds alot and it is the good one with a ejector and was 35$(medal & many close teeth). Anyway it is great for her and was using on her the other day and went and rinsed it out in hot water and went to put it up and it was completly clean and had it in my hand on the couch drying it and just messing around started using it on my side bangs and oh yuck! These white things were coming out and when I shook them out and felt of them they kinda felt powdery,(they were not nits, on any bug issue). Also in doing this for a little while I did also notice what look to be like little white lint pieces. Now I did some internet research and learned the lint pieces are probably hair follicles and the other white powdery stuff is probably shampoo build up. The thing is I wash my hair every other day and sometimes every and on occasion every 2 days but learned I needed a clarifying shampoo which I have not yet got. I saw a home remedy to use apple cyder vinegar which in the last 2 days have done twice and used Dawn dish soap as I saw recommended. Now today I went back and used the furmanator but just on the ends, to see if it was gone and no, still there. Not quite as bad on the powdery white but those lint things seem to also be more than just at the root. Now my hair is med brown with blond highlights and to look at it none if this ever could be seen with the eye and still can't but it is obviously still there. Whew, short version did not work.
Anyway what I want to know is about the linty hair follicles, do they shed in a person's hair? I have seen dandruff before and is not flaky and never on my clothes but this is really annoying. Another thing is since I have been using the furmanator and apple cyder I have noticed my body has returned to my hair and is shiner, a little anyway. Anybody know anything about any of this?

Last edited by Dfix; 08-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread