It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

collegechic21 HB User
oily/dry hair

my hair is about as messed up as it could be. i love to color my hair but i haven't done it since i left for school. and before that i stripped out a perm doing a reverse perm. i know this isn't good on my hair. i had no problems with my hair when i was at home. however since i've been at college my hair has been extremely dry on the ends and really oily at my crown. i use the same shampoo and conditioner as i did at home. my conclusion is that it has something to do not having a water softner which i had back home but i don't have it anymore due to living in the dorms. i know it isn't from using a lot of products because other than shampoo and conditioner i only put hair spray in my hair and it a light hold hair spray. i'd really appreciate the help in solving this dilemma.
thanks

Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
(female)

sunkissed89 HB User
Re: oily/dry hair

you are probably 100% correct about the water issue. i have the same problem in a way. my boyfriend just recently moved to a different apartment and so when i stay at his house my hair feels like crap. where he is living, he has well water. at my parent's house, they have city water. the city water is WAY softer than the well water at my boyfriend's house. try getting your hair trimmed on a regular basis and maybe try using a clarifying shampoo once a week or as needed. the clarifying shampoo is going to pull out all of the build up from the crappy water you have at school and then continue to use your regular shampoo and conditioner. good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread