It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

Chunnie HB User
Unhappy Hair fallout/multiple symptoms-anyone else

I am 56 yrs old, MENOPAUSE, always had fine hair but enough of it. No heriditary baldness in family, Mom has super thick hair. In Nov I tried a hair product call Lush Fat Hair that contained sea salt, after 3 days of use my hair started shedding, not badly I stopped using it, I thought okay just a few hairs, a week later I got my hair colored and it started diffused shedding all over like crazy with bulbs on the ends of the hairs/approx 15 to 20 hairs a day for over 2 months, I know I read where that is normal shed but for someone that does not have a lot of hair in the first place, that is a lot. I also have a jacuzzi tub in which I had a bad habit of pouring water over my head, so I thought some kind of fungus, stripped the bathroom down and no longer take baths, diffused shedding continued everyday and now with slight burning scalp, went to the derm gave me clopex shampoo (steriod) burning worse, stopped it, went to PC gave me nizoel, still burning and fallout stopped it. I was on HRT 7 yrs ago and had to stop it since Chlorest level was up 350. Since then Chlorest went down to 173 very low in Vit D, got meds for that. Got all my bloodwork done Dr said all is okay with thyroid and thinks I may have chemically burned my scalp and said stop all the shampoos and just use baby shampoo, no conditioner, wide tooth comb, no heat and treat it gently...I have now for 2 weeks, still coming out and just a slight burning sensation on the scalp, I'm thinking TE. So depressed he put me on zoloft as when I went to see him last month I cried for 40 minutes straight. I've also had pressure in my left EAR, he put me on antibiotics and the pressure is still there, does that have anything to do with the hair? My hair is so thin on the sides but I do a good job covering it up. Now my doctor wants to put me on premarin. Is there anyone that has experienced such a thing??? I got my lab results back and got the print out and trying to figure them out on my own...can someone help me with these??
TSH 0.79
FOLATE 5.2
T4, FREE 1.1
T3, FREE 3.1
VIT D <4 (ON MEDS NOW)
CHLESTEROL 323 (NOW 173)
I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT THESE FIGURES....I AM NOW INTO THIS FOR 2 MONTHS. SORRY TO BE SO LENGTHLY, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread