It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
(male)

stigmah HB User
Lack of hair on lower leg

Hello, I'm a 19 y/o male and the hair on my lower leg (shin) grows VERY slowly or not at all because I can hardly notice it growing?

The suns beginning to come out and I'd like to be able to wear shorts without feeling embarrassed about my lack of hair on my legs? (I'm not looking for boosts of confidence, I'm a generally confident person but I feel cautious of what others will think of my legs)

My diet isn't the best which may explain it? I'm not sure as I can't quite remember talking about what hair needs to grow etc at school if they ever did teach it. I very rarely eat fruit and I avoid vegetables (I'm working on this, I'm just a very fussy eater) also, am I missing some vital vitamins to help my body produce the hair I'm after? Is there tablets I can take meanwhile to help the growth?

Also after doing some searching, I'm aware that it could be down to socks/trousers rubbing against my legs and removing the hair? I have pulled what little hair I have and can't see how my trousers could pull them out - the hair seems quite tough.

Although I have little hair on my shins/ankles I do have hair around my knee area and upper thigh.

I hope I gave enough information for someone to give me a few tips, I would really appreciate it.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
(male)

WD34 HB User
Re: Lack of hair on lower leg

This might be a little far out for this at your age. Reduced blood flow. Like I said far out, have you thought about it being genetic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Lack of hair on lower leg

Lack of testosterone can reduce hair on lower legs. This is easy to measure in a blood test. As for previous post, reduced arterial circulation can cause this too, but at more like middle age to older. If it really bothers you, I would ask Dr for a serum testosterone level. If low, that can be supplemented.

Closed Thread

Tags
hair, knee, legs, shin, thigh