HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Hair Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/)
-   -   my hairy story (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/913970-my-hairy-story.html)

kotrynazo 08-13-2012 07:28 AM

my hairy story

hey guys so i dicided to share the story with you i am from Lithuania but i now live in England i am a teenager and when i moved to england there was a lot of people tht didnt like me without any reason there was this girl amber she came to me one day and said : ohh you have a very nice mustache and i believed in her went home and shaved it i know you are not allowed to shave it or else it would grow back faster and bigger but i did ;(( and then i found out about threading and its really hard it doesnt work on me im not really sure why because i did everything right it just doesnt take my hair.. then i started plucking and well i cant see the hair very well just some but when i go somewhere really light i can see hundreds!! its noticible but not very i dont know wht to do the hair grows back so fast ;(( help??

dlj9763 08-18-2012 09:55 AM

Re: my hairy story

Hi Kotrynaxo,
Facial hair can be so hard to deal with! I have dealt with it for a long time. I have found that electrolysis (from someone recommended by a doctor -- so you don't get a quack) has made a huge difference for me. It takes time and repetition, though, so you have to plan for it and budget for it. There is also a laser treatment -- it did not work as well for me. You might want to visit a dermatologist to discuss the best options.

On the less expensive side, you can buy products to bleach your mustache. It makes the hair lighter and softer. That is an option over shaving or plucking -- depending on your complexion. If you have a dark complexion, blond hair might look odd.

Note that shaving is better than plucking. The hair will grow right back, but you will not damage the hair follicle. Plucking over time will damage the hair follicles and cause the hairs to grow in darker and stronger. Having said that though, I also waxed my mustache...myself, at home, beginning in my late teens. As I have gotten older my hormones have shifted so my mustache is no longer a problem -- so I guess waxing did work for me. (My chin later became my issue -- but electrolysis has made a huge difference.)

I think shaving would be the least disruptive to the follicle if you are just prepared to do it frequently until you can visit a dermatologist to find a more permanent solution. Good luck!

CityLauren23 09-06-2012 10:11 PM

Don't be embarrassed about hair on your upper lip, a lot of girls have that issue..including me. I used to wax my upper lip, but I got sick of it. My friend recommended I try the Silk'n SensEpil hair removal device, and after 4 treatmients I started to notice the hair coming in less thicker! Now, after a couple of months, I rarely ever have to wax and the hair is unnoticeable!

writeleft 09-06-2012 11:09 PM

I am so sorry that someone had to say something so hurtful to you. The ladies here have given you some good advice, and the best of all is not to let what others say get to you. We all have something we would like to change. As mammals, we all have hair, some more that others.

Do what makes you most comfortable, but in the end, love yourself just as you are. There are lots of products out the to try, so find the one that works best for you and go on with your life.