It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

Koalabear1 HB User
Unwanted hair

Hello all,

I have come in search of a solution for a rather embarrasing problem!
I have a thick, course layer of dark hair on my butt cheeks and around both nipples.
How can I remove these at home? For the nipple hair I am currently cutting it with scissors but its hard to do as there is so much and im sure its growing back faster. For my backside I've shaved some of it but its growing back this has been slowly happening for about the last 6 years and I can't bear to show my body anyone.

Any advice would be so gratefully recieved. Thanks guys xx

Old 08-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
(male)

Kimadam HB User
Re: Unwanted hair

Waxing kits are normally more favorite than cream hair removers as the smell of the cream is frustrating for many people. The cream hair removers can also cause adverse skin side effects for people who are presently undergoing any treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

Koalabear1 HB User

Thanks kimadam,

The problem is all waxing/cream kits say not for use on nipples or genital areas. So what am I supposed to do?! I saw a laser machine that was about £400 and you could use it from home, it also said that it was safe for breasts and genital area,but I forgot the name of it, I've pent hours searching the net for it with no results. I think it was called 'my lady' or my something!

Thank you x

Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

There is no reason you couldn't use the wax on butt cheeks (not really your genitalia) or around nipples, as it is just paraffin. The nipple area is more sensitive to burns, so just be careful to use it around the areola and that it is not too hot, which I am sure is why the warning is on the product. You could also call the 1 800 number on the product to verify that. You might ask your Dr to run a testosterone and DHEA blood test on you to see if you have excess male hormone imbalance. This could be the cause of the hair growth, and if elevated, an endocrinologist might be able to help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Koalabear1 (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
(female)

Koalabear1 HB User

Thank you Ladybud

I have some 'touch up/facial hair' wax strips which I could use, they are just sticky and don't require heating. I'm worries about possible damage to myself by pulling it off though?! The packet doesn't actually say anything about not using on nipples, but I'm sure its not what its meant for!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

The sticky strips should be no problem. After hair removal I would just wash the area to remove any adhesive residue on your skin. You can also tweeze the hairs if there aren't too many. Ouch! But it gets the job done.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
(female)

melika HB User

anyone tried spirolactone?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Spironolactone suppresses aldosterone which if one has adrenal hormone excess can help. However, I would be careful about it, as it carries breast cancer as a side effect if used long term. I would consult an endocrinologist to check your adrenal hormones, esp. androgens like DHEA. Then the treatment can be specifically geared toward suppressing the hormone that is elevated causing the excess hair growth. Many women with hirsutism have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which your gynecologist could be consulted about.

Last edited by ladybud; 01-27-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
melika (01-30-2013)
Closed Thread