It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

Male38 HB User
Shiny/oily Scalp Problem

Hi Guys

I recently started another thread regarding problems I had encountered whilst using Alpecin Shampoo, however a fortnight of washing with baby shampoo has cured that problem, so now I want to deal with another that is driving me mad.

I have a very oily scalp and as I have short hair that is thinning it's very noticeable. My scalp is so oily that even immediately after washing the shine is still present.
I think I suffer with seborrheic dermatitis as I also suffer with red flaky eye lids from time to time as well as red flaky skin behind my ears plus flakiness in the beard area. Over the years I have tried many anti dandruff shampoos plus prescription Nizoral, some have stopped the flaking but never the oiliness. My hairdresser has recently told me to stop using anti dandruff shampoos as they are to harsh for my scalp, she also told me that I have no flaking of the scalp so to use a mild shampoo instead.

After a week of baby shampoo I wanted to try something to combat the oily look, so after plenty of research I opted for American Crew Tea Tree Shampoo, I washed my hair this evening and it felt fine but still my scalp was oily immediately afterwards. I have also tried baking soda without any success. So far I have been unable to remove the shine with any product. I have considered using The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo or the American Crew Citrus Mint Shampoo.

Can anyone recommend a product to shift or control my problem.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Male38; 01-23-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
(female)

Brook88 HB User
Re: Shiny/oily Scalp Problem

try Dawn dish washing soap. Wash, rinse, repeat. It will take all the oil out.

Note; You DON'T want to get this in your eyes-!

Last edited by Brook88; 01-24-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Closed Thread