It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
(male)

maverick12 HB User
Unhappy Itchy, flaky scalp, leading to hairloss?

Hello, this is a longshot, but I'm hoping someone here can help me. Three months ago, my head became very itchy, and I started to get dandruff as well. Also, whenever I showered, I would end up with lots of hair in my hands and all over my face. I'm almost positive that the hairloss is due to the itchiness of my scalp. However, my father went prematurely bald when he was young (I'm 19), so I'm starting to freak out and think I could be going bald as well. I've lost so much hair from this scalp condition that my hair is starting to get thin on top. When my hair falls out, the root is usually still attached, and I heard that is a sign that I normally wouldn't be losing hair. I have a few theories...
1.) I'm deficient in a certain vitamin, due to all of the vitamins I used to take for my acne (a long while ago, I had slight anemia as well).
2.) I read that surgery can cause hair to fall out, and I had surgery on my knee about three months ago, but that wouldn't explain the itchy, flaky scalp.
3.) I'm going bald at age 19, and the scalp condition is something just to go along with it, in which case I'm willing to try Propecia.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Instead of guessing, you should probably see a doctor. The doctor can tell you what is going on with the itchy rash and whether or not it's related to/or the cause of your hair loss.

The doctor can also treat the rash so that either way, it will go away. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread