It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
(male)

phillyeagles91 HB User
Vitamin B5 megadose hair loss

Hey everyone! I tried to cure my acne a few months ago using Vilantae (B5 and various other vitamins) and it was an extremely bad decision.

I had very oily skin, and it did make my skin less oily, however my hair started falling out dramatically, in the shower, on my bed, everytime I run my hands through my hair, 1 or 2 hairs fall out. Also some side effects I got while taking it were: diarrhea, bad fatigue, sleepiness, lethargy.

I normally had very thick hair and its getting noticeably thinner. I used it in the middle of september around 5-8 grams a day, and stopped after around 3 weeks after noticing my hair falling out. Fast forward to february and it has continued and I have no idea what to do about it. I mean I only used it for 3 weeks and it still hasn't subsided? I wish I did my research :/

Im only 21 and I don't want this ruining the rest of my life. If anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic. Thanks guys!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

Sunflower49 HB User
Re: Vitamin B5 megadose hair loss

I've had a similar problem , although I admit I caused mine myself! And what helped me was;

Coconut oil. Use it on your hair and scalp, massage in and leave overnight once or twice a week, rinse off with a mild shampoo (silicon free!) in the morning. For when you've not so much time, leave for 20 minutes then same.
Diet. Spinach, almonds , walnuts-great for hair health and other aspects of health too just make sure you welcome them into your usual calorie intake and don't eat them as extra unless you struggle to keep weight on anyway.
Vitamins-any vitamins made for pregnancy health will work, B Vitamins or buy some specifically for health for hair.
Drink lots of water as well-and give yourself regular scalp massages (even better-get someone else to doit for you !

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-13-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
(male)

phillyeagles91 HB User

Was your hair loss due to b5 megadosing? Thanks for the reply!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Sunflower49 HB User

No, mine was due to YEARS of weaved-in hair extensions and dying my hair, also being underweight for a few years and having a birthmark on my head which means from birth I've had a bald patch-but if my health suffers it gets larger and the area around it gets irritated so I lose hair
Good luck

Closed Thread