It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2003, 11:30 PM   #1

ShiningCrazyDiamond HB User
Post Household products that remove hair color? (Marti?)

A few of the salons I've called have all said that their hair color removers are very potent, and some even just completely bleach the hair. Are there any products I can use at home to remove a semi-permanent color that was added to bleached blonde hair (or something that at least removes it a couple of shades lighter)? I then want to go get a new color, but right now I just don't think I can add more color over this existing color, I think it's too dark, I have to have some of it removed, but I do not want to totally bleach it out, because that's too damaging! If there isn't anything at home, is there a gentle color remover I can buy at a store, something cheap? And what will it do to my almost one inch roots that have already grown back?

Thanks.

Old 07-17-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
I just plain do not remember the name of the product I used to use in the salon. It was NOT potent, and if the salon is using bleach to remove excess color, that WOULD be too damaging. Here is a formula that you might try:

Mix 2oz of 20 Volume Peroxide with 1/2 oz of any type of hair conditioner. Apply it to your hair and leave in for 15 - 20 minutes, then wash out. If not enough excess color has been removed, simply repeat the process. If your hair is thick or long, you may need to double the mixture.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread