It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 07:55 AM   #1

Guest502 HB User
Unhappy Hair smells like...wet dog!!! Help!!

For a while (that I've noticed), maybe a couple of years, my hair hasn't smelled very nice. I thought maybe it was from blowdrying my hair a lot, but the last 2 months, I didn't really do much blowdrying, and it still didn't smell that good. Quite a bit of the time it doesn't even smell good when I'm in the shower and have just shampooed and conditioned my hair. It smells like a wet dog I would say!!! Could it be the shampoo and conditioners I'm using?? Now I'm using Dove Intense Moisture and the Pantene Pro V Smooth and Sleek Complete Therapy conditioner. Befor the Dove Shampoo I was also using the Pantene Pro V Smooth and Sleek shampoo with the Pantene Pro V Conditioner. (I use the extra moisturizing products because my hair is dry.) But I don't think I was using extra moisturing shampoos and conditioners a while back. So, do you think I have any medical problems?? What should I do??

I also read about using a sulfur bar, it was called ZapZyt or something like that. Does that leave a sulfur smell in your hair after you use it?? Does it damage your hair?? Can you use shampoo and conditioner after it? Does it work???

Well, I hope I can get some help for this!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Oh, the site where I heard about the sulfur bar is: [url="http://www.hairsite7.com/f270odor2/discfem270_toc.htm"]http://www.hairsite7.com/f270odor2/discfem270_toc.htm[/url]

and it's under Hair Odor - I Found My Cure!

although there are other posts about sulfur bars on there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
(female)

AutumnMist HB User
Ok...I had the same problem for a while. I used to blow dry my hair everyday and use a curling iron almost everyday, so it really damaged my hair. I only blowdry probably once a week or less now, and my hair is a lot healthier now and it doesn't smell bad anymore. What happened is that you probably damaged your hair so much that the shafts and pores opened up, and it absorbs odors from everyday pollution. It should get better in a few more months, but you just have to stop blow drying it or do it less often, say 2 times a week only and let it air dry most of the time.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #3

Guest502 HB User
Ok, thanks so much!!! Did yours smell burnt or what??? I think mine kinda smell's burnt, and when I'm in the shower...like a wet dog. Is there anything I can do to eliminate or cover up the smell right now? Thanks!

Old 08-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #4
(female)

AutumnMist HB User
Yeah, it did smell burnt. Especially when I was getting a trim or something, it would smell like an overheated hair drier! Leave in conditioner covers up the smell...the best kind is Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner. Just spray some on after you've taken a shower and it should cover up the smell for a while. Also, condition your hair in the shower and rinse it with equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a week. Use it as a final rinse. But rinse it again with water if you can't tolerate the smell. The vinegar smell will go away as your hair dries.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #5

Guest502 HB User
Ok thanks so much!!! I will look for that at the store!!!!! (I just read on another post that I posted like this that Herbal Essences for dry/damaged hair has a lasting smell and so does the Herbal Essences Intensive Blends-I need to get one of those) Oh, but your hair doesn't smell burnt anymore! Well never mind lol!

Closed Thread