It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 04:20 PM   #1

mstask10 HB User
Thumbs down headache on top of head

Hello, this is my first post and I never was on a bulletin board before but am looking for advice or other similar stories. I've had a headache on the top of my head for about 5 months. To describe it, it is a constant dull pain on the top and at times feels like a bee sting or a burning sensation. Asprin and ibuprofen does not help. I like to put an icepack on it, that seems to help. Lately i'd say for the last 2 mos. I my ears have felt like they want to pop and don't. My eyeballs hurt, not like a tired feeling, but like pain in my eyes. And lately I have been getting a lot of twithching in my face, by my ears and next my eyes. I always sound nasaly and had alot of sinus issues. I did go to the dr at the end of Oct. and he feels that it is sinuses. I questioned the headache on the top of my head and he said it is possible. He put me on singulair 10mg and gave me rhinocort nasal spray! It's been about a week and it's a little better but not much. He said if it hasn't improved he will do further testing. Like alot of people I think the worse like a tumor or brain cancer. I just want this strange headache to be over with so I can get on with my life!!!! Please does any one have anything similar that they can tell me wht they have found out, or to help with getting rid of this!!!! PLEASE!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to mstask10:
LJames2 (09-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 06:10 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
It does sound like sinusis to me. My husband uses rinacort. It takes a while for it to kick in and start working. Give it a month or two and then see. If the headache still doesn't go away insist on an MRI to rule out anything serious. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2003, 03:06 PM   #3

rachael22 HB User
Talking headaches

hiya
i am from the uk and i am having all this symtoms i was just wondering if you ever found out what this was i to worry about the bad stuff i think i have had every illness today quite funny really,i have had these pains for about 2 months also and i just said today it is the wierdest feeling in your head i feel like if i had a valve i could let all this whatever it is out of the top of my head .
i had this last year around the same time and read elsewhere that some said they get it when the seasons change and when they put heaters on and off spray paint , well i work in a powder coatings company and they use spray paint at at this time of year we turn on the heaters .
my ears feel like they need popping like i have just took off in a plane they get worse at night so at first i thought it was just stress and off the computers
my eyes started going blurry on a night when i watched the tv , i am not worried i would just love to know is it sinuses or is it allegies
does the ear pain seem to go down your neck either side its wierd our bodys are wierd things
when i swallow my ears click i explained it as fizzing in my head i also get painful eyeballs not all the time though my headache is not there first thing in the morning
please if you can tell me what this is , last year the doc gave me strong paracetamol they worked funny enough and i never got this back i wish it would hurry up and go ?
any advice from you before i make an appointment with the doc i have one for my eyes but i did that last year it just mad me skint though everything came back fine

rachael

Old 11-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #4

mstask10 HB User
doctor update

Hello Rachel, I went the Doctor and he truly thought that it was sinuses! I even scratched my head when I asked him about the sinuses anh this headache on the top of my head. But that is what he truly thinks it is so I am hoping he is right!!! He is a very good doctor! He put me on singulair which is sinus and allergy med and gave me rinocourt which is sprayed up the nose. He feels that my nasal passage is probably inflamed which is causing all this weird stuff. Like I said my ears felt like they were going to pop all the time but just didn't and when I would hold my nose and try and blow pressure out it would help a little. My eyes just plain hurt like someone was push ing on my eyes and this lousy stinking headache that is on the top of my head that is around about 90% of the time!!! I just feels like someone pulled my hair out or a bee stung my head. Also in the last couple of days I've had pressure in the middle of my nose and between my eyes. The meds he put me on did not help right away but i have been taking them for about 2 weeks and it does seem to be getting better!! He told me that if it isn't better by dec.9 he wants to order more testing. I wish other people that read this tell me they had similar symptoms like the headache on the top of there head! that's what bothers me. Then I wouldn't worry as much! It makes me nervous it something bad! Thanks for replying Rachel!!! MIKE PS go to the doctor he can help! I also had an eye exam and everything was OK I will write back and let you know how things are going. Good Luck!

Old 11-14-2003, 07:16 PM   #5

2manypills HB User
how is your blood pressure?

Old 11-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #6

mstask10 HB User
My doctor also considered that but the nurse took my bp and it was 112/72 and than when the dr came in he said he got the same reading.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
(male)

jason70802 HB User
Re: headache on top of head

I get the same headaches myself. They don't feel like a 'bee sting' so much as the sort of shock you feel after you hit your head really hard. Kind of a dull, hollow pain.

It is mainly in the very top of my head. Brushes and combs make my head hurt too.

I am on Atenolol for blood pressure but the headaches have been constant since before the meds and my BP is good now.

I suffered three severe head injuries in my life and had an MRI done in 95. The doc said I had an arachnoid cyst in my brain... but that it had been there since birth. How can you tell that off one MRI?

Old 10-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #8
(female)

violaa HB User

i have a headache like that it feels like i put my hair in a ponytail for hours or a bruise and the doctor said i have bad sinuses

Old 10-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

For nearly 10 years I have been suffering from what is called Occipital Migraines = migraines to the back/top of the head.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
(female)

neucindy HB User

What kind of meds helps that type of headache? I have been experiencing the same kind of pain that all of these other posts have, I have been on prednisone for 12 days and can already tell that the headache is returning to the top of my head and my nose is feeling heavy and forehead is burning.
Thanks

Old 11-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User

These are the EXACT same headaches I have been having since September! I was on meds for a sinus infection in October which helped. I think mine are also stress related. Sinutab does work a lot for me so I think it's combo tension/migraine and bad sinuses. SO GLAD to hear others are having the same thing. I too worried that it was a tumor/anyerism.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #12
(female)

neucindy HB User

Is Sinutab a prescription? I too think my are related to stress, I can control my daytime pain with excedrin migraine, my last day for antibiotics is two days away and i am already dreading the return, hopefully it wont be so bad, because i am actually feeling better and fog that was there has lifted. I did actually have a ct scan on my head and the ent assured me that my sinus that goes across my frontal section was full of pus showing infection (sounds lovely doesnt it) i have never had a sinus infection this bad, and the funny thing is all i have is drainage down my throat and horrible burning pain in ears and no runny nose, stopped up etc.
I too am extremely worried about brain tumor etc, but after reading other posts that is not uncommon. Thanks for posting.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neucindy
What kind of meds helps that type of headache? I have been experiencing the same kind of pain that all of these other posts have, I have been on prednisone for 12 days and can already tell that the headache is returning to the top of my head and my nose is feeling heavy and forehead is burning.
Thanks
I am on a Migraine Management Program which took 6 years to find the *correct* combination because I suffer from 2 different kinds of migraines.

Topamax 100mgs - daily

Zomig Spray & Oral 5mg - as needed (as soon as I feel a migraine ringing my door bell )

Vit B2 400mg - daily

Asprin 80mg - daily

PS: I also suffer from menopausal migraines. I do not have hot flashes, night sweats or mood swings. Instead I have migraines in their places. When I asked the doctor how long will these type of migraines last, she said for up to 15 years max. ~fainting~
The pain is located occipital/base part of head & can strike at any time.

Cause of Occipital Migraines = unknown. They hit me out of the clear blue sky one day at a business meeting 10 years ago. I thought somebody hit me on top of my head with a hammer. I turned around to cuss the person out behind me thinking they didn't like my speech & the next thing I remember was waking up in the E/R.
That first migraine knocked me out cold for 5 hours!!!! Talk about embarressed..........

Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User

Neucindy,

No, Sinutab is an OTC pill. I do agree that a lot of these headaches are probably stress and worrying about having a tumor certainly doesn't help! Funny how we all jumped to that conclusion when symptoms of a tumor are a lot more than just a bad headache. Haha. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #15

Kasperr HB User

Yup i got that on the top right side of my head but only if scratch hard or something. i dont really notice it. but its blood pressure i think because i got sort of a temper and that messes the blood pressure to the head. Thats a big possiblity as well.

Best bet is to calm down and dont worry about it. Live ur life not thinking its a "Serious issue" and try to relax.
it works for me to be more calm and try not to stress out :-)

Closed Thread