It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

d_dixiechick HB User
Clusterheadaches

Hi, recently I have been having horrible headaches, and I will be going in for a scan soon. My doc mentioned cluster headaches, but I am kind of unsure about what they are, and although I know I have to wait for results from my doctor, I am still curious as to what they are. Are they something you have to deal with for your whole life? Are they at all treatable? Thanks everyone.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
Re: Clusterheadaches

Hi. I suffer from cluster headaches. I am chronic meaning I get them every day of the year. Most people are eposodic which means they have a cycle of daily headaches lasting any where from 6 weeks to 4-6 months. These headaches will make your eye lid droop on the side of the ha. You eye will water and your nose will run. This can often times confuse drs and cause a misdiagnosis of sinus ha. It is called hortons syndrom. The headaches are one sided and effect from the top of your head down to your eye and sometimes teeth to the ear and to the back of your head. Basically your whole side of your head hurts. It feels like a hot burning poker is stuck in your eye and can cause severe ha. They are also called suicide headaches. Do a google search for cluster headaches and you will find a wonderfull support group for sufferes of ch. The bad news is people generally are stuck with these for life. I am aware of a couple of people whom they seem to have stopped for because it has been over 10 years since they last had a ha. Hope this helped you some. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 12:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Re: Clusterheadaches

My doc mentioned cluster headaches

d_dixiechick, is there any reason why you didn't ask your doctor what they were?
What is interesting about those type of migraines, is that more males get them than females. My father was a cluster headache sufferer. He had them since "childhood". They stopped sometime in his 80s. He is currently 85 years young.

Closed Thread