It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #16

anotherdizzy1 HB User
Re: 6 month 24/7 migraine - please help!

I wanted to add to the ongoing saga of the headaches. I too have gone thru what you are experiencing, the good news, I have pretty much been headache free now for almost 10 years. I had the daily headaches that lead to vomiting, light sensitivity, smells bothered me and most of all, the thought of having another one was more scary than anything else. I would dred everyday of just being awake knowing another one would be there. I went to at least three neurologists, two chiropractors, had three family doctors and was on every drug available at the time. I was giving myself injections of imitrex at the time since the oral form was not yet available. No one had an answer, I was asked about my diet and nothing was the cause. I went to the dentist who also fitted me with a night guard. Then I got pregnant. No way could I use Imitrex during pregnancy so at my Ob's office, I told the nurse that I feared another migraine and couldn't take anything for it. She told me to cut out all peanut and peanut oil products (which is in alot of things), no aged cheeses (I stopped all for a while), no bananas or any chocolate and tomatoes and citris fruit. Guess what, no more headaches. There were definate rebounds from all the pain meds I would take to try and prevent them and the combo of that and stopping the foods mentioned, I can control the headaches to this day. This was a very hard thing to do since I lived on those foods daily. I am now able to eat bananas, citris fruit and tomatoes in moderation and I can eat chocolate if there is no peanuts in it. I can not have peanuts or cheddar cheese yet (when I try-I get a nasty headache) I do still get a migraine with my period occasionally, but nothing like before. Imitrex 50mg is my cure now. I may get a tension headache that excedrine helps but my life is completely different now. I will tell you that people have thought this is not their problem (food allergy) but what can it hurt? Eliminate those foods from your diet for about two months and see if they start to subside, along with the pain meds since they will cause rebound. It can't hurt to try. I hope this may be the cause and it is an easy fix. No doctor could find this answer, an OB nurse did it for me. I also got a book on food intolerance/allergy and read all about it and was totally amazed of the people who suffer all kinds of problems from additives in everyday foods and you can eliminate the food for a period of time and re-introduce it and maybe never have another problem with it, or like me, I can never eat these things, but at least I know the culprit and avoid it all together. Keep me informed, I know it worked for me when nothing else would work.

Take care and I hope you all don't think I am a quack for this suggestion, I only want to help with what I know worked for me when nothing else in the world of medicine did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 PM   #17

jennfaery HB User

I also have been suffering from headaches since I was a little girl. My symptoms were pain on the left side of my head and in my eye that never went away, just varied with intensity. Sometimes it was barely there and other times it hurt so bad I couldn't even cry, I just could't move. I also would get a feeling like something was in my eye, like an eyelash or a piece of sand, but there was never one in my eye. The only thing that would ever work to some degree on the pain was ibruprofen. My doctors never could figure out what was wrong. Finally, I went on an internet search that lasted about 2 days and found out what I have. It's called Hemicrania Continuia. I called my neurologist and told him about it and he prescribed me indomethacin and nortriptalyne. And now I am, for the most part, blessedly pain-free. If this sounds anything like what you have experienced get on the internet and look it up and ask your doctor about it. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #18
(female)

drealu HB User
Exclamation Re: 6 month 24/7 migraine - please help!

Just to let you know Actiq is NOT morphine. It is Fetanyl. VERY DIFFERENT!!

Old 06-30-2005, 05:31 AM   #19
(female)

doll_facekt89 HB User

Mek918,
Hi I am 15 and was diagnosed w/ Migrains about 3 months ago but have been gettin them for the past year. I have been reading all of the other people with migrains entrys and yours seems to be one of the only that are like mine. But i get them in a ring around my head (forhead to back of head) And they make my neck and back hurt so bad I cannot sit up and cry and they make me literly sick when really bad and makes my face hurt too.Sun makes it worse for me. I have been to the ER twice because of them and they hooked me up to an IV(didnt help) and to the doctors a millon times and have had a CT also and said every thing was normal even the swellin behind my eyes was nothing to worry about.yicks! I was proscribed Vicadin (500mg) but no longer take cause of school (made me loopy) and did not work Oh and made me really itchy. But now I take Naproxen (250mg) and that doest help either and am supposed to take 1 every 8-12 hrs if needed but i take 3 every few hrs if need. Nothing helps me completly.But I also go to a behavior counsler and they said they could be stress related and I have been takin classes for stress and depression and it has helped (not a lot but a little) so I just thought that you might look into counsling or relaxing methods or try to be not so busy and relax! It doesnt help me alot but once in a while its the only thing i can do to make my migrain tolerable. Just a suggestion. Sincerely, Katie

Closed Thread