It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 01:49 PM   #1

TrippingAsIGo HB User
Question what is the best thing for a tension headache?

lately........more and more......i've been getting killer tension headaches down the back of my neck. usually if the pain is just there i know it is a tension headache tho i will occasionally get pain there and in my head other places - but depending on those places i know it is then a sinus headache.

what can i do or what is the best thing to take for a tension headache? i've tried that excedrin tension headache stuff (has caffeine in it) and i didn't think it did anything different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
(male)

sts22 HB User
Re: what is the best thing for a tension headache?

I've found that naproxen sodium works well for me, so you might give that a try. If the headaches are chronic, then antidepressants will help.

Last edited by sts22; 03-25-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 08:37 PM   #3

TrippingAsIGo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts22
I've found that naproxen sodium works well for me, so you might give that a try. If the headaches are chronic, then antidepressants will help.

what is naproxen sodium? something over the counter or prescription?

Old 03-27-2004, 11:41 PM   #4
(female)

SiberianLover HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingAsIGo
what is naproxen sodium? something over the counter or prescription?

Aleve is naproxen. That's OTC. There is prescription strength naproxen available through your doctor, though.

Karina

Old 04-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #5

mt72 HB User
Unhappy Re: what is the best thing for a tension headache?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingAsIGo
lately........more and more......i've been getting killer tension headaches down the back of my neck. usually if the pain is just there i know it is a tension headache tho i will occasionally get pain there and in my head other places - but depending on those places i know it is then a sinus headache.

what can i do or what is the best thing to take for a tension headache? i've tried that excedrin tension headache stuff (has caffeine in it) and i didn't think it did anything different.
To keep it short i take and antidepressant Desiprmine, a pain blocker Neurotin, a sert reuptake Zoloft, and a blood pressure med inderal Note all this is preventative, then when i get the headache i take butabutal, or flexeral, or a spray called migranal that works about 95% of the time. Now for what i have Chronic muscular tension migrains, TMJ, IBS which are all linked together and Fibro now too i think. I see a neurologist since the common side effect is headaches and the insurance wont pay for TMJ. Good luck to you, fill free to email me if you want.

Closed Thread