It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
is it normal to get headaches everyday?

ive had one everyday this week, it feels like pressure in my head not really headache, and i feel like im gonna throw up! anyone else experience this? ive been getting them a lot lately, now its everyday!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
Re: is it normal to get headaches everyday?

I get cluster headaches everyday 8x a day. I get migraines several times a month. It is not normal to get headaches every day. It is best advisable for you to start with your general practicionar and then get a referal to a nurologist who specializes in headaches. Even if over the counter meds work for you it is not good to take them daily. They effect you liver and kidney. I urge you to go get a diagnosis and go from there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive

Budko HB User

I have been suffering from one of my many headaches for 7 weeks now. I was on Inderal, then they switch me to Depakote Monday. Ugh! I still have a headache. My Neurologist called me back and put me on ANOTHER Steroid Burst.

I have headaches day in and day out. If I am lucky I will have pressure in the mornings, but by Noon it is a stabbing wanting to die headache. I feel like I am going to puke 95% of the time.

In my opinion I don't think any kind of pain is normal, in the sense that there has to be something causing the pain. I have had several Doctors tell me to SUCK IT UP and have said that there is nothing wrong with my nervous system, Well great DOC, then take the pain away.

I would advise seeing your Primary Care. There are lots of good meds out there like Maxalt, Imitrex, etc. If you are like me, then nothing works. When I started off with my headaches, I was takeing 1600 mg Ibuprofen 4 times a day. Now I get the good stuff like Demeral and Darvocets. There is some help out there.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I get headaches quite often some are worse than others. I have had a ct once, my gen pract has done neurological test like looking at my pupils e.t.c. They think it is do by my panic disorder. Usually 800mg ibuprofin does me but sometimes it doesn't, I have taken darvocet before and that worked good. They don't hink it is migrains because my oain isn't one sided and migrain med don't work for me.I usually feel sick and light drives me crazy and noise too! It just throbs bad and hurts like hell. I am 25 and I never used to get headaches but now I guess I have to try and cope.
I wish you well and if you have any questions I will do my very best to help you.
Carly

Old 04-07-2004, 01:47 AM   #5

katykatt HB User

Normal? No. Does it happen to other people? We all say yes!!! So sorry you're going through this too! Wish I had an answer for all of us on how to stop it. All I can suggest is be a pain in the butt to your neurologist. (A nice, polite pain in the butt, but a pain in the butt none the less.) If he/she won't help your nice, polite, friendly, pain-in-the-butt, persistent self find another one & repeat. (My theory is, can they appreciate how miserable you are and want to help you if you don't let them know. Of course, you must remember the nice & polite part because they actually have to care & want to help you!) Good luck! I hope you can find a wonderful dr!!!
--Katy

Closed Thread