It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #1

crgx82 HB User
Can neck sprains or pulled back and neck muscles cause headache?

Lately I've be getting weird sensations in the back of my head, and sometimes pain and a cold numb feeling. My neck and back also hurt, and the other day I moved my neck and the pain radiated to the back of my head where the headaches have been occuring. Could it be a pinched nerve somewhere. What is a good way to treat this?

Old 05-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
Re: Can neck sprains or pulled back and neck muscles cause headache?

Yes it can cause a headache. I have always gone to a chiropractor for these types of headaches. I would think a message therapist might be able to help also but I wouldn't expect to see results as fast as a chiropractor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

LouiseM HB User

Also, there are two muscles running from your neck all the way to your eyebrows. When these get "tight" it causes headaches. I am having the same "Cold" feelings too, I wonder what that is from?

Old 05-20-2004, 06:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Yes, neck sprains can cause headaches and affect the shoulders, scapula, thoracic area. See terms like suboccipital and cervical sprain. How is it that you have a sprained neck?

Last edited by californiasunflower; 05-20-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #5

MagnaV45 HB User

Yep, neck sprain, pinched nerves, herniated discs and torn or damaged muscles can all cause the headaches and chills described. My car hit a deer 3 years ago and I tore the muscle under my left shoulder blade. I threw my arm up to protect my face when the deer landed on my windshield. It took 6 months of my GP Dr. telling me there was nothing wrong before a massage therapist found the muscle damage and 3 trips to her made a big difference. Before seeing her I had neck, shoulder, and headache pain everyday, after I saw her it decreased and finally was (almost) as good as new. It will always bother me if I overdo it--like carrying a backpack, holding the phone between ear and shoulder, etc. So definitely check it out.
Magna

Old 05-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #6

Pink00 HB User

Hi,
Yes back and neck pain can cause a headache.. I go to the chiropracter for this... my headaches were getting better but I recently switched hours at my job so I am unable to go to the chiro anymore, and they are getting worse again!

Closed Thread