It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #1

j_lsw HB User
severe headache before orgasm

Just recently, I has happened 3 times, I have experienced severe headache just before orgasm. It begins high on the left side of my neck, and then the pain is almost explosive over the top of my head.
I am 47 and this has never happened before. I am embarrased to ask my doctor, particularly as it has occured when masturbating.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #2

MagnaV45 HB User
Re: severe headache before orgasm

Are you left handed? Could be straining a muscle depending onyour position and/or toy you are using. Watch the position of your head too. Migraines/headaches (especially around the time many women are premenopausal) can be caused during or after orgasm, it has something to do with expanded blood vessels (think about how hard your heart is pounding) in the head for men and women both. I have had migraines for years and yup! even sex can cause one. If its just a headache that goes away quickly try taking and Advil or Ibuprofen about 30 minutes before getting sexually active. Works for me.
Don't be ashamed to ask your Dr. he/she probably has had sex once or twice . Headaches can be a sign of high blood pressure too so it may be a good idea to talk to the Dr about it. Good luck.
Magna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #3

Jeze HB User
Exclamation Re: severe headache before orgasm

Please please do not hesitate speaking with your doctor. In April this happened to me...only more extreme than normal. After being rushed to local hospital i was airlifted to city hospital. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and required immediate neurosurgery, this is also known as a ruptured aneurysm. Please speak to your doctor regarding this matter IMMEDIATELY. These headaches are known as COITAL CEPHALGIA and do not take them lightly.

Last edited by Jeze; 06-02-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
Re: severe headache before orgasm

I posted a reply to your question about this in the sexual health board. I have had this before. Did you see my post?

Old 06-12-2004, 03:40 PM   #5
Inactive

bearboy HB User
Exclamation Re: severe headache before orgasm

pain in your head right before or after orgasm is really something you should talk with your doctor about!! the same thing happened to my freind, twice..and after the second time she went to emergency room and the doctor told her that she has MS.

Closed Thread