It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #1
(male)

juvenile171717 HB User
worsening headache, weird feeling/brain fog

I dont even know where to start but i'll try. 2 months ago I started feeling really spaced out/weird one night. I just brushed it off for the night but woke up the next day even worse. It's so hard to explain but I feel like I've had a few drinks or something... slightly buzzed. I guess it could be called brain fog because I'm spaced out and feel really lost sometimes. Anyways... the weird feeling... oh ya.. it could be like altered perception er something too... feels weird... anyways... the feeling got worse and I started getting really worried about it. Then I started having really bad headaches ... like pressure against my eyes.. I didnt eat for an entire week and lost 15lbs in one month. I went the the emergency 3 times and they just said it was some weird long lasting flu bug er somethin... they did all kinds of blood work and even did a CT scan which showed up negative... yet I still think I may have a brain tumor... although no one believes me... anyways... its been 2 months now and my doc has me on zoloft b/c he says its anxiety or panic disorder but I really dont know what to think.. the headaches are back and are concentrated right in one area at the top of my skull now... like somethin pushing out on my skull.. its more like pressure than a headache now.. Also fore the 2 months I've been having night sweats on and off about 2-3 times a week. not drenching... but my head gets all cold and my body starts to sweat... hmmm what other symptoms..??? I started eating again now... almost back to normal appetite but I'm still down 10lbs from my original weight. and of course the spaced out feeling is still goin strong... I feel like im goin crazy er something... I'm a healthy 24 year old male with no other problems so I dont know what the heck is goin on.. and I think that the zoloft is makin me worse... but my doc says keep takin it... anyways... someone please god help me... this has been hell for me the last 2 months... I cant imagine anythign worse.. I have myself convinced I'm dying but no one can find out why... could the ct scan have missed a tumor??? anyone know??

The following user gives a hug of support to juvenile171717:
tbonewebb (10-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #2

dreamer456 HB User
Re: worsening headache, weird feeling/brain fog

I have been having similar symptoms for awhile now. I have the feeling like you said of feeling like I've had a drink- kind of loopy. I also sometimes have a tightness on the top of my head. Sometimes it turns into a headache, sometimes it doesn't. If I press my finger on that spot it tingles and feels like dull needles. I never have lost my appetite or anything. This whole thing comes and goes. Sometimes I don't have these symptoms for a month or more, then it will come back.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
(male)

juvenile171717 HB User

well its good to hear that you have these symptoms too.. well not good.. i wouldnt want anyone else to have to experience this... but at least i know im not alone and going crazy... im starting to realize that maybe i dont have a brain tumor... but i will find out for sure when I get an MRI in a few weeks... that will make me feel much better i think... i hope if mine goes away... the dizzy weird feelings, that is... i hope it doesnt come back... this is the worst thing ever.. ever... i hate it...

Old 06-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

Neura75 HB User
Smile Re: worsening headache, weird feeling/brain fog

I have had some symptoms very similar to yours...brain fog and headaches. Judging by your description of feeling drunk, I am assuming you also have a sensation of disequilibrium/off balance. I thought I was going crazy, too, until I had an electronystagmography done (ENG), which is a test of the functioning of your inner ear/balance system. This test confirmed that my inner ear isn't functioning properly. This in and of itself can lead to headaches. However, there is also a type of migraine called vestibular migraine. Many people with this condition do not necessarily experience what is traditionally categorized as a migraine headaches. In some cases, the vestibular symptoms (the dizziness) are all that exist. The point is that people with symptoms similar to yours and mine have been shown to respond to preventative migraine therapy (like calcium channel blockers or beta blockers). Yahoo "migraine-associated vertigo", and you will find several helpful articles. It is good that you are having the CAT scan done as a precaution. I, too, am scheduled to have an MRI scan. In the meantime, my doctor has perscribed vestibular rehabilition (a type of physical therapy) and I am exploring the option of going on anti-migraine medications. I strongly suggest you get refered to an ENT, so you can have the ENG done to test your ears. Hope this info helps. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2004, 01:45 PM   #5

foshizzle HB User

You may be suffering from something called depersonalization. Look it up online. There are many resources and support groups.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:03 AM   #6

raelani HB User

i asked my doctor the same thing could a brain tumor be missed on the ct scan and he said no, noway.... although the mri is more in detail the ct scan would deffinately see it, and he also said headaches caused by a tumor are at the later stages of the tumor, it is one of the last symptoms, because the brain in insensitive to pain, so when the tumor is enlarged the tumor causes pressure and thats when you feel the headache. so before you worry about the headache, are you having any stokes or seizures, or vommiting up blood? he said that is when you need to be concerned. i have been tripping over the tumor thing for 3 months, my headache is constant, and it stays for sometimes 3 weeks gos away for a couple days and comes back he diagnosed it as a chronic daily tension headache...... so today he put me on fioricet, so i start tomorrow.....

Old 06-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #7

Sonja Stevens HB User

Hi. Ten years ago I had your symptoms. I thought I had a brain tumor! An MRI showed pollyps in my sinus' and under-developed sinus'. They gave me some antiobiotics for sinus infection and I was cured! After a whole year of brain fog/headaches, dizziness and worrying about brain tumor....one measly prescription cured it! I never had any outward symptoms of sinus infection. Hope this might help.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #8

raelani HB User

[SIZE=2] Hello sonja...
My doctor said the ct scan checked for a sinus infection and there was none. All i know is last night i thought i was dying for sure, i have not tooken any medication in 24 hours, and about 2 am i woke up dizzy, stiff neck, and my constant headache of course. I felt sick to my stomach. did you do any ct scan or just the mri?

Old 07-01-2004, 10:00 AM   #9

Sonja Stevens HB User

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can find out what is the matter and soon. No, I never had a CT scan. I'm experiencing horrible symptoms now as well, but mine is not sinus infection this time either. I was hoping it would be, but it's not. For me, we're checking for epilepsy or narcolepsy. Well, hang in there today!

Blessings to you,
Sonja

Old 07-06-2004, 08:18 PM   #10

surfchik415 HB User

Wow I need to join this thread! Hope you all are still around. For about 2 months now I've been feeling really weird. I feel very detached from what's going on, like I'm watching the world in some weird fog, but I'm not really there. Like a dream or something. I've also been very tired and forgetful lately. Oh yeah, I also have visual disturbances. I see streaks or dots of color. It's driving me crazy because normally I'm a very happy, upbeat, neat and organized person. Lately I have so not felt like myself. I've had a CAT scan and all is normal. I'm thinking maybe it's a hormone imbalance? I've also researched epilepsy, through this board actually, and the people over there say that my symptoms don't sound like epilepsy. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is, I'm actually starting to become a little depressed, which just makes things even worse.

Are these the type of feelings you're describing? Wonderin gif maybe we have the same thing going on. Let me know!

Old 07-13-2004, 01:20 AM   #11

cicka HB User

I do know what you mean, because at the start of my "misery" that's how I felt, but more from not being able to explain or have explained what was going on. I got VERY depressed and loopey. Some days I would just stare. I had very hard time acctually looking and focusing at anything. Everything would be blurry.
I've been having the same symptoms - lightheaded, foggy, disoriented, dizzy, clumsy, forgetful, hard time comprehending, fatigued and headache for about 2 years now.
I also woke up one morning and just felt it. I was spacey and I could barely get ready for work and the feeling just woudn't go away. I learned to live with it by now, but the quality of my life is shxx.
Now, I don't know if it's the doctors in Canada or I have bad doctors, because I've been going to all kinds of test for these 2 years - that mostly I asked for - and they still didn't tell me what is wrong and neither did they give me a remedy. They just say they don't know what's wrong and say it's fibromyalgia. That's when they can't think of anything else! I'm surprised none of them has given me a treatment for migraines yet!
The terms "vestibular migraine", "migraine associated vertigo" I heard about first here.
I even went to a neurologist and even he didn't come up with a solution. Don't they diagnose you with that? The ENT was even less helpful. The balance test showed negative, but he wasn't willing to investigate any further. I'm so fed up by now.
I don't mean to rant, but you can imagine 2 years of that stuff.
Do you find crowded streets, traffic, humidity make it worse?
What the heck is going on with us?

P.S.
One source I was investigating says it might be from dental work. I had a root canal done about 3 months before this started. Does any of you have a root canal? If you do a search on the net about root canals, it will indicate similar symptoms....

Last edited by cicka; 07-13-2004 at 01:33 AM.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:06 AM   #12

kk19 HB User

Hi all!

I can totally relate from where you're coming from. I've had this dizziness, head fog, headache feeling for about a year and a 1/2 now and still no doctor can find a thing wrong with me. Although when it first started, they said it's anxiety and put me on all sorts of medications with i think make it worse, so i'm starting to get off those. maybe coming off will decrease the dizziness. But over the past year or so, i've had every test imaginable. CT scans, MRI's, ENG, EKG's and so on and so on. But have had no luck. I have learned to deal with being dizzy and umbalanced, but really don't want to live like this for the rest of my life. I just wish they would find something and fix it, but i guess that would be too easy. Some days are better than others, but when it's a bad day, it's pretty bad, I have to pretty much drag myself out of bed.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:01 AM   #13
(female)

februarygirl HB User

Hey! would you mind if I joined this discussion also? I have been getting the same things for over a year now! I have had every test imaginable and all negative with the exception of a vestibular problem found from the ENG. I get wierd pressure feelings on the top and back of my head, then my ears feel like I have extreme pressure and then they go numb (like novocaine from the dentist). I started last year with my ear and the side of my face numb but now it has evolved into the pressure feeling. I tried neurotin and topomax which made me really sick. This was the first place I ever heard of vestibular migraine - that is interesting. I have been to 4 neuros over the last year and really didn't like any of them. It seems after the tests come back normal they blow you off or want to medicate you to death. Also, I read someone say something about the hormone issue - I am exploring that too! I am 44yrs and in full menopause - maybe that's it! I just feel so depressed after a yr of this - I feel like I cannot be a good wife or mother. Thanks for listening - please answer if you have the same symptoms.
Nancy

Old 07-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #14

chinagrl426 HB User

Check out tension headaches-they are very common and usually mistaken for something far worse.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:02 PM   #15

Danray HB User

Wow, it's a trip that you guys are feeling the same things. I feel dizzy and have headaches constantly these days. I too have worried about the whole tumor thing.
Sometimes I feel "pain". Most of the time it's pressure on top of my head in the vicinity above my right eye. I also have "pain" around the base of my skull (right side). The doctor says that he thinks its a manifestation of stress. Many times I'll feel pain right inside my right ear. The problem is that I don't know if I have an inner ear problem (I've been very famous jamming Q-tips in my ears, possibly packing in wax over time)
that it causing the dizziness and headaches....or if the pain in my ears is a result of something else. I'll have to go to an ear, nose, and throat doctor to find out, I guess. I've also dealt with the whole panic thing. But that has pretty much gone away.

I'm also a little confused about the whole headache/tumor thing. If the brain feels nothing, then why are headaches associated with possible tumors? Are headaches a "possible" sign of tumors or not?

Anyway, I'll keep all you guys in my prayers. I waiting for the day that I can give an awesome testimony in church about how the Lord healed my from this. It'll be a glorious day when I go through a whole day with a completely clear head.

Oh yeah, for the believers out there. Maybe you can say a prayer for me. I'm going to see the neurologist (I hope I spelled that correctly) soon. Pray that they'll not only perform a CT scan, but that it comes up negative.

Man...the waiting game is sometimes too much to bear.

God Bless everybody,
Dan

Last edited by Danray; 07-27-2004 at 03:11 PM. Reason: want to add more information

Closed Thread