It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

Lynnmaree HB User
Lexapro

I'm new to this board and hope this posts properly! I've had migs and headaches for my entire life. I was using Keppra (off label) for pain prevention. However, I recently stopped using it as I read that certain anti-depressants can cause bone demineralization and I also have severe osteoporoses. Now the migs are back in full force. I also take Lexapro as a preventative and I'd like to hear from Lexapro users as the increase in sweating is unreal. I plan on going back on the Keppra. Anyone else have this side effect? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #2

Haullie HB User
Re: Lexapro

I've never felt an over increased amount of sweating and I used to be on Lexapro myself. I tried it because a doctor said once that my headaches could have been caused from depression, yet the reason I WAS so depressed was because of the pain itself so I was at a loss. It worked well for helping to relieve some daily stress and worry but I stopped useing it because it wasn't helping headaches at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

lady_in_red HB User
Re: Lexapro

I have been using lexapro for 9 months now, I find that I am hot all the time and NO sex drive whatsoever, but in all its the best drug I have ever tried for my chronic depression, it helps me with the severe anger too, I am on a more even level and for that I am thankful, the other side effect that I had when I first started taking it, was really bad headaches, which they finally went away after using this drug for 2 weeks. If I skip a dosage, then I get a headache, but over all, I love the drug. I haven't gained any weight on them at all. I do however wish I had the sex drive I need, I am a newlywed, and well I guess you all know what a healthy sex drives means there! BUT I will not stop taking the drug until I feel good enough to, I figure I will be on the drug approx: 2 years.

Closed Thread