It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 11:49 PM   #1

lindafrey HB User
Unhappy headaches/head pain on back of head/left side for one year/ anyone have this???????

Hi! I've been experiencing headaches off and on for about a year. It's always on the back of my head, even with my left ear, but on my head, on my left side, kind of near the middle bone. Within the past few months, it comes more frequently about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes once every 2 weeks. It's been a week since my last one, but today I had like little shocks of pain in that area, that lasted a few seconds on and off during the day, and some tonight. To be honest, it kind of scares me. When I have the regular headache, minus today's mini-pains, I become irritable, cranky, very tired, a little nauseous, and vision is a little bit blurrier. All I want to do when I have one, is be away from everyone, with peace and quiet. It's kind of a dull yet stabby pain. It usually starts in the morning, then progresses until night when i finally get some relief. Then i won't see another one for about a week. So today i didn't understand the little shocks of pain, not the typical thing I see, though I was grateful it was not an all day affair like usual. I do smoke and take the birth control pill, so that has me worried into quitting now. My sister was seeing double vision, recently had an mri that showed a mass, and today found out it is NOT a tumour. So they are doing more tests. Said it could be a mastoid?? So now I'm wondering what a mastoid is, if anyone knows??? Also, is what I'm having, sound like maybe a migraine?? I don't have any kind of "auras" but I can usually tell when a headache is coming on. Can someone just develop a migraine without ever having one before?? This has been going on about a year. Of course, with me, I also worry about blood clots, stroke, (because of smoking w/ the pill), and also tumour. yet, I don't have any double vision or other signs of that. Just scared here!!! trying to get some info, to see if anyone else has this awful thing too. Or if anyone knows what it could be??? I'm thinking of scheduling an mri just to be safe. Thanks for any info., please inform me!!! Linda.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
(female)

emmerson329 HB User
Re: headaches/head pain on back of head/left side for one year/ anyone have this???????

Linda I get these pains too but mine is always on the right hand side. Funnily enough tough, the past week or so it has started on the left too. Ive had these pains for 6 years now and still am not sure what they are. The stabbing pains are more recent and scare the hell out of me when I get one, but they are so fleeting that it is the panic afterwards that makes it into more of a big deal, if that makes sense?! Somebody suggested to me that it is either anxiety, panic related or perhaps sinus related. Im not sure what it is but it is fairly common adn somebody mentioned ice pick headaches which come in short little pains like that.

Closed Thread