It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieGis HB User
Flonase

I have been suffering with sinus drainage/headaches for about two months now. I have gone through two rounds of antibiotics. It did help for a while, but it continues to come back. The headaches are so bad (right between the eyes) that I use a heating pad almost constantly. This helps so much. I take Fioricet, but that doesn't help a sinus headache, it seems. My dr sent me for a sinus x-ray and prescribed FloNase. I also take Zyrtec when needed. I've only taken the FloNase for two days. Has anyone had any luck with FloNase?

Old 10-09-2004, 11:26 PM   #2

sheryl555 HB User
Re: Flonase

AnnieGis,

Yes, I use Flonase every day and that is the key. It won't work in two days but you will notice a differnce in about a week. It is wonderful stuff and takes care of my cronic stuffiness. I have used it for a few years now and am told it is safe to use everyday. It's great stuff in my estimation.

Last edited by sheryl555; 10-09-2004 at 11:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #3

Tank53 HB User

I used Flonase for a little while but quit because of nose bleeds. I have a rather dry nose and almost dont understand tissues. I joke that I only need to blow my nose about once a month, more if I'm sick. That statement isn't too far off really.

But anyhow, since my nose is dry and Flonase dries you out, I had the worst nose bleed of my life with it. So I quit. But I heard that a good way to avoid this is to moisture afterwards. If you don't mind putting your finger in your nose, I've always found that Carmax (cheap lip stuff you see everywhere) works great if your nasal tissue gets too dry. Sounds a bit gross but I tell you, it's a miracle during the winter months in your nose.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank53
I used Flonase for a little while but quit because of nose bleeds. I have a rather dry nose and almost dont understand tissues. I joke that I only need to blow my nose about once a month, more if I'm sick. That statement isn't too far off really.

But anyhow, since my nose is dry and Flonase dries you out, I had the worst nose bleed of my life with it. So I quit. But I heard that a good way to avoid this is to moisture afterwards. If you don't mind putting your finger in your nose, I've always found that Carmax (cheap lip stuff you see everywhere) works great if your nasal tissue gets too dry. Sounds a bit gross but I tell you, it's a miracle during the winter months in your nose.
I've had problems with nose bleeds on Flonase also. I'm still using it, but not everyday. When my sinuses are badly stuffed I use it for a few days and then stop. But even after one use I can end up with a bad nose bleed if I don't blow carefully...my nose is almost always a bit drippy b/c of allergies and I go through a LOT of Kleenex (w/lotion, of course ). Aside from the bleeding I don't mind the product. The after taste kind of sucks, but it doesn't last long.

Oh, the note on Carmex...I was too afraid it would burn my nose, so I just use Vaseline (and got a funny look from a pharmacist for that). Vaseline seems to help also, but you'll still have to put your finger in your nose. Just make sure, whatever you use, to label is as for your nose so no one uses it by mistake .

Last edited by Alex6657; 10-18-2004 at 10:39 PM.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

I will never use Flonase again. I used it for months and had a horrible headache every single day. I hope it works out better for you. Actually, I take 1/2 pill of Allegra D every day and have been headache-free for a while. Hope your headaches improve!

Closed Thread