It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

painted_devil HB User
brief, stabbing pain in temple

I have been a headache sufferer for about 5 years now. I've gotten to the point where even the worst headaches that used to knock me out for hours barely faze me anymore (used to them, I suppose). I almost always get the same kind of headache - a migraine, or a tension headache.

However, for the past 4 days I've been experiencing something really different. When I stand up, I experiencce a sharp, throbbing pain in my left temple. It isn't nearly as painful as my usual headaches, but it makes me dizzy. It doesn't happen every time I stand up, and sometimes it happens just when I'm standing. The first day it was the worst - it happened every single time I stood. Yesterday I had the least problems, only experiencing it a few times. Today I woke up feeling pretty bad, and I have pressure on the left side of my head and my neck is tight, as well as having the throbbing pain.

The pain doesn't last long at all. Usually about 3 seconds to 30 seconds. The after affects (slight dizziness) last a bit longer.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm going to try and get in to see my doctor tomorrow, but until then, any insight would be lovely.

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: brief, stabbing pain in temple

Let me know what it is please, I have short stabbing pain off and on all day, I told my PCP who had diagnosed my other headaches as migraine's and he said he was not sure what the intermittent pain was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

painted_devil HB User

Benzi, not a problem. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and I'll be happy to post on here what she says.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Thanks I tried melatonin last night and so far no stabbing pain today, but the day is young LOL

Old 12-10-2004, 07:58 AM   #5
(female)

Sophia68 HB User

Hi All!!!

Lately, I have been experiencing a sudden pain in the front of my head upon standing or when bending and getting up.

I've also had a constant feeling of light-headed/dizziness for the past couple of weeks. I have experienced this feeling on/off before, but not everyday for this length of time.

Can anyone relate?

Thanks!

Closed Thread