It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
Unhappy help! severe pains in my head

hi anybody who can help me,im a 27 year old mum and started having bad pressure type headaches 5 years ago.for the first 4 years my headaches became more frequent and stronger,my whole head would feel bad pressure and throbbing also dizziness.
But this last year ive become so ill i sometimes wish i would just die.
i now have migraines aswell as the pressure headaches,severe pain behind my eyes,terrible dizziness,shooting and stabbing pains which feel they are coming right from the middle of my head,double and blurred vision,chest pain ,pains in arms and legs like cramp ,pins and needles and the list goes on!!!! i have pain every day for over a year now and feel tired and exhausted by it all.have had two negative scans and after so many visits to my doctor and getting nowhere i feel as if noone believes the pain im in.im sure my doctor thinks im a bit of a nutter obsessed with my head!! but i have a very happy life apart from this and am positive this is not stress related as the first headach started after a knock on the head.i have permanant pain and sensation in my head so even after two clear scans im not convinced theres nothing wrong,how can this be normal?im worried about aneurysms as i know they dont always show up on scans, im sure im going to die soon. please can anyone help me? sorry this is so long!!! and i have cut corners!!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
(female)

violaa HB User
Re: help! severe pains in my head

i can tell you that alot of the dieing feeling is panic attack i have pain real bad on the top of my head like a sore is there but no sore than i get scared and then my arms and chest starts hurting like iam having a heart attack panic attack can make you feel as if your dying and real scary to it could be your sinases that is what mine is

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

thanks for replying,do you get really bad pains from right in the middle off your head? they are on and off all day ,everyday and tht is the scary part for me.i really feel as something is about to burst!!how will i know if its my sinuses?what sort off tests will i need?

Old 01-27-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

how will i know if its my sinuses,what tests would i need? do you think that would cause really bad stabbing and shooting pains from right inside my head.as that is the scary part for me as it really feelsomething is about to burst.what sort of treatment are you on?

Old 01-27-2005, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

violaa HB User

yes you can have test for your sinus to see if there in flamed and yes i have stabbing shooting pains alot is panic attacks i to have also thought my head was just going to burst you need to get on some type of panic attack meds they help alot

Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
(female)

violaa HB User

i take fiorcet for the headaches and xanax for the panic attcks i know how you feel about thinking your dying i feel that way often and thats were the panic attacks take control you could also have a pitch nerve somwere in your neck or even arm i have pain daily and when my panic attcks take over they get worse

Old 01-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

thanks. i have appointment at my migraine clinic in two weeks so i will definatly mention this to see what he says.ive also been told could possibly be tmj. these are all things easy to detect so why my doctor hasnt sent me for tests for these before i dont know!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
(female)

rugerbird15 HB User

i get the same head pains. I am going on 17 this april. my pains started about 3 years ago after i smacked my head on the head bar on a bed at a cabin trip i went to. i had these weird pains in my head and they heart but not like they have in the last three days. Now the occur every 30-40 minutes and my eyes water so bad. the other night i was washing dishes when it happend i can almost swear i was about to pass out. it hurt so bad. some time my eyesite goes completly for a few second and i get dizzy. so it seems we have many of the same problems. i also worry about an anyourism, but if it is it is in the wrong place and i am terrified. everytime it happens i end up sleepy and i have a head ache the rest of the day that gets one step worse with each new pain. my parent think there is nothing abnormal about it, but to they feel like they have white-hot fire pokers going throught there skulls. everyone in my family thinks i am making this kind of thing up so i can get attention but iam not please help

thanks rugerbird15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellebeans
hi anybody who can help me,im a 27 year old mum and started having bad pressure type headaches 5 years ago.for the first 4 years my headaches became more frequent and stronger,my whole head would feel bad pressure and throbbing also dizziness.
But this last year ive become so ill i sometimes wish i would just die.
i now have migraines aswell as the pressure headaches,severe pain behind my eyes,terrible dizziness,shooting and stabbing pains which feel they are coming right from the middle of my head,double and blurred vision,chest pain ,pains in arms and legs like cramp ,pins and needles and the list goes on!!!! i have pain every day for over a year now and feel tired and exhausted by it all.have had two negative scans and after so many visits to my doctor and getting nowhere i feel as if noone believes the pain im in.im sure my doctor thinks im a bit of a nutter obsessed with my head!! but i have a very happy life apart from this and am positive this is not stress related as the first headach started after a knock on the head.i have permanant pain and sensation in my head so even after two clear scans im not convinced theres nothing wrong,how can this be normal?im worried about aneurysms as i know they dont always show up on scans, im sure im going to die soon. please can anyone help me? sorry this is so long!!! and i have cut corners!!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

hi,you sound exactly the same as me!!!i feel noone believes how bad this pain is.i dont think this pain is normal and im sure your parents wouldnt say that if the pain was in their head.my eyesight isnt right either and ive had them checked and given the all clear but i still see double and have blurryness.there is alot off things which have same symptoms as aneuysm so dont worry to much[i know its hard not to] but i would say get to your doctors/neuroligist just to get it checked. do you get any neck pain??

Closed Thread