It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

Rafael02 HB User
Extreme pressure inside head on one side with earache

Hi, I don't know where to start, so here goes. I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis some time ago. I am 25 years old and these sinus problems started just this past year so i'm still pretty new with this whole thing so any help would be appreciated. I always seem to have pain in my face in my sinus area on and off, I guess with ear pain, but interestingly enough, no infections in the ears, just pain...anyway....for the past week and a half I have had some kind of pressure in my head, Its almost scary, not pain, just, pressure...Its on the right side of my head and whatever is causing this pressure is pushing on my ear causing it to ache...I have always been really bad about taking all medication that was prescribed to me and the last time(about a month ago), that I went to an ENT he prescribed a months worth of antibiotics and silly me, I took only a day's worth and didn't take any more. I just figured I would deal with the occasional pains in my face and that would be that...Little did I know that a month later that I would be having this extremely weird pressure in my head. I swear, it feels like a tumor or something. well, I went to the ER and they said that they don't know how I went this long without getting something serious like this happening. They said you can't play with a condition like mine. The strange thing is this. I don't feel sick at all. Its just my head and this stupid pressure along with one of my nostrils being completely blocked all the time, it alternates sides, but no fever, no runny nose, no sore throat,although I do have pretty have pretty nasty post nasal drip thats green and I have to spit out every morning but otherwise I'm fine. Can someone please tell me whats going on here?I can't stand this!Should this feeling in my head last a long time?PS. I am now on antibiotics and have been for about 5 days now and it does feel a little better but no where near normal yet...Dr doesn't seem to think it's viral since no other symptoms are presenting themselves. I am extremely interested in what others think regarding this....I am totally freaked out!

The following user gives a hug of support to Rafael02:
normagrandma (11-02-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

bisha HB User
Re: Extreme pressure inside head on one side with earache

I was loooking for some info on something similar that I am going through in the middle of the night this last week I have been waking up and having a really painful headache but it seems to be on the left side and going down to my ear and left cheek its very very weird and i get up to take some pain medication its then gone in the morning but this has happend to me very often this last week- I was wondering if I should go to the doctor but worried they will just say are you stressed which i am not- Is this similar to your symptons??

Old 03-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
(female)

Rafael02 HB User

No, my symptoms don't go away after waking. Its just the constant pressure inside of my head like a little balloon pushing on the back right side of my head and ear. I don't know if it's congestion from my sinuses or what but its not around my nasal area and I don't have a runny nose but I still have the thick post nasal drip though....I am totally at a loss for what is happening with me.......

Old 03-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
(male)

Maximus_Deitrus HB User

Hey guys. I am alos having very similar issues. About 5 weeks ago I started having chest and back pains. One week after that I started having sharp "head pains" with occasional ear aches (both ears). I also have neck pain (stiffness) and there is no indication of a runny nose or congestion.
I do, however, have high blood pressure (145/100) so the doc put me on high blood pressure pills - actually as of yesterday he did. Today, my BP is normal. I currently have a lot of stress in my life.

This week I went in for a stress test and some blood work for my heart. Everything is A-OK says my doc. However, the head pains are still present with ocassional dizziness. I am going in for a CAT and MRI scan of the brain this Friday (March 11th 2005). I feel alomost like electrical shock pains in my head and it is not localized in just one area. It is in mutiple areas. What worries me the most is that mother died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 48. She had headaches for years and the brain aneurysm wasn't found until it ruptured.

That was in 1988. I am 30 yrs old now and I am having the same symptoms. Well sorta I guess. The ear aches I have just don't seem to go hand in hand with a brain aneurysm. Although sharp head pains are present - I usually get an ear ache(s) after it and its not always near the same ear.

As for me, I just need to relax and take what comes. Am I scared - well sure. I have a family but what can be a very minor issue I can turn into a very major one if I continue to worry about it.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Hey Rafael02, I too experience the same kind of pain. I went to the allergy board and read the post about flooding the sinuses. Do it! It works! You will be amazed!

Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
(female)

plus1more HB User

Have you also checked the TMJ Board (TemporoMandibular Joint). Look at the "Sticky" for symptoms. The headaches and ear aches sound similar to a TMJ problem.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
(female)

TIRED OF ABUSE HB User
Exclamation Re: Extreme pressure inside head on one side with earache

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1more
Have you also checked the TMJ Board (TemporoMandibular Joint). Look at the "Sticky" for symptoms. The headaches and ear aches sound similar to a TMJ problem.
I HAVE HAD THIS HEADACHE FOR THREE WEEKS I ALSO HAVE SINUS AND MIGRAINE SO I CAN NOT TELL WHAT THIS IS I HAVE TAKEN BOTH MEDICINE NEITHER ONE WORKS

Old 03-14-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
(female)

Rafael02 HB User

Hey guys......Little update on my situation...Went back to the ENT for the review of my CT scan and guess what?! No sinus problems whatsoever, save a small polyp in one of the sinuses that run on each side of the nose, but nothing that would warrant surgery, so what now?!Am I imagining all these symptoms?I have also tested negative for all allergies as well...The ENT did mention that my head pressure could be the result of migraines and prescribed me IMITREX and wanted me to followup with a neurologist this week so we will see....After my 2nd dose of IMITREX the pressure seemed to subside some but I'm still not really sure what I'm dealing with since I have been on antibiotics for the past few weeks as well, so what was helping, the antibiotic or the IMITREX?Who knows....Someone on here mentioned TMJ disorder so I'm gonna check that out next...Anyone else have any thoughts in regards to this?

Closed Thread