It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
(female)

chrissybug HB User
2 weeks headaches every day along with dizzy spells

i'm 18 years old, and i just recently started getting headaches every day. and i do get them *every* day. and its just usually in the same spot on the right side in my temple. but sometimes its just an all over headache. but along with the headaches i have been getting dizzy spells like i'll be sitting down and feel like the room is spinning and it lasts for a few minutes sometimes it goes on for like 5 minutes. and they just hit me out of the blue, i usually have to go sit down when i have them cause of how long they last and how bad they get. since i started getting headache/dizzy spells i've been feeling really tired and worn out. like i'll wake up go do a few things and not even an hour later i'm tired and crappy feeling and feel like i have to go lay down to sleep for awhile. i have experienced dizzy spells before, awhile back i was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and with that i would get dizzy spells but i haven't had one in a very long time until now. i was thinking maybe i'm just having a relapse (i guess that's what you would call it) and i'm going back into the bad symptoms of having chronic fatigue, but even when i found out i had chronic fatigue i didn't get headaches like this. anyone have any advice or anything on this? anyone that's gone through this? should i go to a doctor soon to have it checked out or just wait it out and see what happens?

Old 04-12-2005, 02:39 AM   #2
(female)

frankyf HB User
Lightbulb Re: 2 weeks headaches every day along with dizzy spells

hi chrissybug

i got headaches and dizzy spells just like you have described i went to the doctors and i found out it was due to my bloodpressure being higher than it normally is,or you could have low bloodpressure as the symtoms of that are headaches and dizziness normally high bp doesnt have any symtoms,im on other tablets that have caused my bp to rise so i was given propranolol which is a beta blocker which slows your heart rate and lowers your bp,go to your doctor and get him to test your bloodpressure if its not that then im sure if its something serious the doctor will refure you to your local hospital,frankyf

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 03:36 AM   #3
(female)

chrissybug HB User
Re: 2 weeks headaches every day along with dizzy spells

thats what my mom thinks it is, bloodpressure. that's probably exactly what it is. when i've gone to the doctor awhile back when i got sick and had a dizzy spell my blood pressure had dropped really low. but is it possible to even have low bloodpressure everyday? (if that is the case of whats wrong with me) when i first started getting dizzy spells/headaches like ever day i figured i'd just wait until this week and see how it went and it's a little better but not by much its still the same. i didn't want to have to go to the doctor unless i really have to. bad experiences with doctors lol, the one i use to go to when i went there for headaches/dizzy spells he just said it was cause i was anorexic and i was like ??????????????????????? cause i'm not near that at all, and shocked that he'd even say something like that, and he didn't really seem like he wanted to do any tests or anything. but thanks for your info/help! :-)

Old 04-12-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
(female)

Dimage HB User

Not all doctors are created equal. Keep hunting until you find one that will listen to you. The secret is to know what you want to ask before you go in. Be prepared. If you think it might be your blood pressure, study up on it. Whatever you find out about your health you need to be in the know about everything. It is after all your life. Blood pressure whether high or low can be serious business so please get it checked out, just to be sure. If it's not that keep looking, it may be you have migraines like a lot of us and we just don't know why a lot of the times but there are meds for us and there will be for you too.
Good luck.
Di

Old 04-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
(female)

trucky HB User

I'm having the same thing--but I saw my doc the other day and he said my BP was good, I was healthy, and that he doubts whether the neurologist who I see in June will find anything at all (already had a CT by the ENT doc in December 04). Around 9-10 AM I get dizzy and a pressure headache right in the middle of my forehead. Now it's 3PM and when I tilt my head back the back of my neck hurts and the forehead hurts again--never is the headache in the temples except once last week. I have BP phobia so I tell my doc and nurse not to tell me what it is, just if it's OK.
I trust my doc, he's pretty thorough, and very straightforward. The other thing is people around this region are calling in sick with horrible allergy/sinus and dizzy/fog.
I have recently increased my zoloft from 25 mgs to 37.5. It helps my depression and sleep, but the headaches started about the same time. Are zoloft headaches dangerous? I really need to know.

Closed Thread