It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 03:33 AM   #1

lilbit17 HB User
headache worse when laying down??

here's the deal--
4 days ago, i got a headache about mid-afternoon. nothing too out of the ordinary, took some advil, and went about my business. By wednesday night, I was forced to lay down in bed, lights off, ice pack on forehead, until I fell asleep. Thursday morning, headache was still there...and lasted all day. Friday, headache pretty much still there, worsened throughout the day. Seemed like the pain started off in the front right area of my skull. Took some Excedrin and it went away for a while. Now we get to Saturday...headache is only around when I go from sitting to standing positions, or vice versa. And when I move, I mean severe throbbing ensues. After I've been sitting (or standing) for a while though, it goes away. Well now I'm trying to go to sleep...and the darn headache is now interfering with that. It hurts worse when I lay down than when I sit up...and the pain is in my neck and the back of my head. I can't "sleep it off" because I can't lay down to fall asleep. I've never been diagnosed with migraines nor have I had a 4 day headache before. Any ideas?

Any advice would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Re: headache worse when laying down??

Go to your doctor if you are not finding any relief from over the counter meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

MrGable HB User
Angry Re: headache worse when laying down??

I have headaches like that too....but I seem to get mine when I wake in the morning..when I lie down they are worse..they are like tension...maybe you have a lot on your mind
Please see your doc
D

Old 05-27-2005, 12:20 AM   #4

lilbit17 HB User

alright---well i went to the doctor, he said it could be some kind of migraine or something. so he gave me some samples to try--but i never did because i havent had a bad headache again during the day. i am still having headaches when i go to bed at night and when i wake up or anytime that im lying down. the pain starts at the top of my neck then radiates up to my forehead. should i make another trip to the doctor? im worried that this is something serious.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:08 AM   #5
(male)

photo2001 HB User

I am experiencing the exact same kind of headaches you are. In fact my head is throbbing right now. Mine gets really bad as soon as I lie down, and it wakes me up in the morning. It started a few weeks ago, and I have been to the doctor. He gave me an anti-depressant, but it hasn't helped. I am going to my orthopedist tomorrow to see if it might be a neck problem. A few weeks ago slipped and think I may have wrenched my neck to stop myself from falling. So it might be referred pain. It is scary, and debilitating.
Did you get any answers yet?

Old 05-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbit17
alright---well i went to the doctor, he said it could be some kind of migraine or something. so he gave me some samples to try--but i never did because i havent had a bad headache again during the day. i am still having headaches when i go to bed at night and when i wake up or anytime that im lying down. the pain starts at the top of my neck then radiates up to my forehead. should i make another trip to the doctor? im worried that this is something serious.
So why didn't you take the *samples* when you had the nighttime headaches or anytime you're lying down?

Name of the sample meds the doctor gave you?

Old 06-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #7
(male)

Robert Zaballa HB User

I have that problem with tension headaches. The pain worsens when you lay down because there is more blood in the blood vessels in your head which increases the pain. Sitting up helps because gravity pulls down much of the blood in your body. Sleep sitting up with a back rest. I usually use Excedrin tension headache with food and it helps.

Last edited by Robert Zaballa; 06-04-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Closed Thread