It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

Ara70 HB User
Headache or Head Pain for two Weeks

Hello All! Help!

I've had a headache or head pain mostly on one side of my head. It is on my right side. It started with pain at the nape of my neck and pain behind my right eye. I was applying make up and it was tender. I thought it was a regular tension type headache. I took a couple of ibuprofens and got through the day. I noticed the next day that the pain was still there. The next day extended to day three and so on and so on. Today is exactly 2 weeks since it started. The odd thing is that it almost feels that it originates from the nape of my neck. A couple of days ago I got a weird tingling sensation on my scalp and then it ran down the rest of my body. It is not there constanly. It comes and goes. Now I get it in my arms and hands mostly.

Today the pain, when present, is sitting over my right eye above the eyebrow and then it will move up a bit. Sometimes I will feel it on my right temple and then down the back of my head and when I press on the back of my head where the skull ends, it is very tender.

I saw my general practioner on Friday. He thought it sounded like occipital neuralgia. He injected the tender area behind my head with saline and gave me Feldene. Told me to take it for at least four days. He said that sometimes taking this type of medication will help break up the cycle of a headache. I felt pretty good on Saturday. But then on Sunday things were back to normal. However, the pain moved to the left side for one day and now it is back on the right side.

I finally called my doctor again yesterday told him that I was not any worse but that things had not cleared up. I also mentioned again that I get the tingling sensations on and off again. Of course, I mentioned to him that I was starting to freak out a bit. He told me he did not think that it was anything serious. He did give me a referral to see a neurolgist and I got an appointment for the 28th of June. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread