It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

westie2 HB User
Exclamation Help! Sudden Severe Headache

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the boards but in need of your help. I'm 29 years old and I have a six year history of classic migraines. Always right sided. Anyway, one week ago today I was just sitting on the couch when I experienced a VERY sudden, sharp pain in the back of my head on the left side. It lasted for about 4 minutes and was excrutiating. After the severe pain let up, I was left with pain in my head on the left side and in the top of my neck and pain in my left ear into the side of my face that lasted for a couple hours. I have been experiencing dizzy spells and floaters in my left eye over the last couple months(don't know if that has anything to do with it).

I went to see my doctor 2 days later and when I was sitting talking to her about the headache it happened again (ironic, I know). This time the severe pain lasted for about twenty minutes. She immediatley sent me for a CT scan but I am severly allergic to the dye so my doc said they would do a "quick picture without the dye to see if there was a bleed." I had the CT scan and they said they didn't see a bleed and sent me home and I didn't even get a chance to talk to my doctor again.
I have tried to contact her but her staff said she doesn't have the results back yet and told me just to book another appointment with her.
I am extremely frustrated. Does anyone know what type of headache this can be. I haven't had one since but I do feel bouts of pressure and pain on that side of my head and in the top of neck that last for about 5 - 10 minutes a couple times a day. Also, my blood pressure keeps spiking up for no reason.

One more thing and I don't know if this has anything to do with the head pain but over just the past couple days I have been having extreme kidney pain(I am prone to infections). Went to a clinic and they said I was probably passing stones and put me on pain killers and antibiotics.

I don't see my doctor again for another week!! Has anyone ever had anything similar to this. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread