It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
(male)

dasbillj HB User
migraines and wisdom teeth.

I'll try to be as thorough as I can in describing my migraine and how it's changed over time.

During December I started to get a one sided pressure headache on the top left side of my head. It wasn't neccesarily painful, just distracting and very uncomfortable. It lasted for one afternoon than went away for a few weeks. I had never had a migraine before so I was really confused and scared that I had a brain tumor or something. Soon after I was getting these pressure headaches, again mostly painless but very uncomfortable, on a bi weekly basis. WHat I mean is that I'd get them for a day or two, maybe three, then I wouldn't get one for a week or two. This continued on for awhile until finally I started to get them more and more and more.

At the time I was working at a chinese restaurant and didn't know how much diet could cause migraines. When I found this out, I tried changing my diet in order to remedy the problem; I also eventually got a catscan (it found a diviated septum and possibly a cyst in my sinuses though nothing serious that they believed would cause my migraines). So I stopped eating a lot of migraine causing agents (cheese, chocolate, sugar substitutes, chinese food) and the type of migraines that I was used to getting started to fade away.

Now instead, I'm getting a different kind of headache, almost daily. This headache is mostly on the sides of my head, stemming somewhat from the jaw but mostly above my ears, near the eyes but not neccesarily feeling pressure behind the eyes. Again, it's mostly just a general pressure, a bit of a tingle at times, as if I'm wearing a hat that's on too tight. Occasionally there will be a sharp pain in the spot I used to get my one-sided migraines.
There are good days, but for the most part I get this pressure everyday. My jaw as well seems sore, though my dentist didn't notice any wearing away at my teeth, meaning that I'm not grinding my teeth or clenching my jaw enough to really cause these headaches.
But my bottom wisdom teeth are highly impacted, one turned completely sideways. i also haven't seen a dentist in almost seven years (though a recent check up found two cavaties in my upper molars). So what I was wondering was- is it possible that these new headaches are caused by my teeth? A friend of mine claimed to have similiar symptoms and that after she got her wisdom teeth out a lot of the pressure and pain was aleviated.
My teeth aren't neccesarily sore. But at times a certain soreness in my jaw is noticeable. Well, I'm just curious if anyone can weigh in on this because I've been suffering from daily migraines for almost a year now and it is, at times, debilatating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Re: migraines and wisdom teeth.

Some migraines are caused by TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) & by teeth grinding which is a form of TMJ.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

Tabs88 HB User
Re: migraines and wisdom teeth.

I have the exact same problems. I have a headache every single day and I am almost positive it is my teeth. I have a pressure on the side of my jaw and it goes back by my ears and around the eyes. I have to lay on a heating pad sometimes just to fall asleep at night when it gets really bad.. I have talked to several people about it and they all said they got headaches that felt like pressure before thier wisdom teeth were taken out too!

Closed Thread