It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

ItsJustMe_Liz HB User
constant headache

Hi everyone,

I have a constant headaches all the time...literally. They NEVER go away.

I started having some headaches when I was in high school....maybe around 15 or so. I'm 25 now. And its only gotten worse over the years.

I was thinking it was tension headaches. But the past year or so, I've been thinking maybe sinus. But now I have no clue.

The headaches mostly accur around my forehead, over my eyes. Recently, over the past year or so, I've developped other things with this. Now, I get pain all over my face. To the point of where I actually don't even want to talk, because it hurts so bad to open my mouth. It hurts in my cheeks, my jaw, ...everywhere.

I have also started having trouble with my ears along with it. My ears have become so sensitive. Sound hurts them, and even when I talk on the phone, I'm always taking the phone from my ear for a second because the sound feels like its vibrating down in my ears. But I have had some ear trouble in the past when I was younger. I have had tubes put in them several times as a baby and the last time when I was 9 years old. So, at this point, I can't really say that my headaches have anything to do with my ear problems. They do seem worse when the pain from my headache goes into my face.

I saw an eye doctor about 6 months ago because of the headaches and due to constant severe itching in my eyes ( to the point where I rub them literally almost raw) and I have severe swelling around my eyes (to the point where it hurts to hold them open and I feel like my eyes are stinging. The doctor said I had major allergies in my eyes and because he could see that I had allergy pumps all around the back of my eyes.

He said if he had to choose right then what was causing my headache problems, he'd probably say sinus rather than my eyes. But he said he wouldn't know for sure until he did a regular yearly eye examine...which I was unable to go to (should now though) .

I still think it could be sinus because of all the allergies in my eyes. But I don't know.
I've looked up all different kind of headaches. I haven't found any that seem to match all my symptoms. I haven't found any at all that say anything about pain all over in my face.

I have looked up face pain not long ago and found certain conditions that do cause severe face pain and some that can be accompanyed by headaches.

So now, I don't know whether the face pain is most likely to be coming from headaches or vise-versa.

Also, about 5 years ago, I had several incidents where a small area of my head would go kind of numb, almost as if it freezed up. Usually happened while I was at work. It was usually on the left side of my head. And sometimes, I still get a tingling feeling in a small area.

Has anyone else had these symptoms ? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it ?

Thanks,
Lizzy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2005, 07:53 PM   #2
(female)

ItsJustMe_Liz HB User
Re: constant headache

Also, my ears have gotten where they are always "stopped up" ...I'm not sure how else to put that. And along with them, my nose is too. They have been like this for about the last year or so also...almost continueously.

I mentioned this because I know I've heard that that can also be a symptom of sinus problems.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

notpain HB User

It was suggested to me to get Dr. David Buchholz "Heal your Headache". Excellent material that will open your eyes to possibilities. He believes that migraines are a "Mechanism" with many manifestations in terms of symptoms.

Dr. Buchholz defines headaches are part of the Migraine Mechanism with the exception of Cluster Headaches. And of course there are other causes. But while you research your problem be sure not to jump to the Chicken and Egg conclusions. Look at both sides, a migraine condition causes blood vessels to become swollen which in turn can create sinus symptoms. And of course the sinus symptoms can create the headaches on their own. But you have to ask yourself if the sinus problem is 24/7 or just the headaches?

There are many triggers in the form of foods - you should get the book and read it. I paid about $15 for paperback at B&N.

Women can have headaches triggered by hormones. This Months Life Extension Magazine has an article on balancing hormones in women to cure headaches.

The Heart can play a role in headaches.

There are many many possibilities. I hope you find relief.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User

Hi Lizzybear

You are certainly not alone on this one! I have had headaches for the last 2 months. They were horrible for a month and a half but have finally started to ease off now. It had pressure on the top left side of my head, left temple and in/around my left eye. It too was in so much pain at times I just cried and cried. My fiance took a day off work and took me to a walk in clinic. The doctor said I had a sinus infection and gave me some meds. They helped but I still have headaches and eye discomfort on and off, more so when it is raining/going to rain. Sinutab helps alot.

My aunt has been having the same problem for the last 3 weeks. She went to the dentist today and found out that she needs a root canal and the infection spread to nerves in her face which was causing the pain and headaches. I am going to get my teeth checked soon. My dentist told me that cavities/infections (like root canal work being needed) can be a definite factor.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Closed Thread