It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2005, 01:55 AM   #1
(male)

joandarc HB User
Post 4 year old kid got headache two times a day

My 4 year old son suffers from headache, left side of forehead, right on or above the left eye. He gets this appr two times a day, morning and evening. I last about 15min to 30min. He also complains about aches in his left er and thats it is warm. He has no infection in ear, throat or nose according to decotors. Ha have had this for appr three weeks now. Its very regular, morning and evening, every day so I dont think its migrane.
His condition is as usual when he is not suffering from this headache. No vomitting, no motorical (spelling?) issues. They are planning to do some kind of x-raying (of head) to get some other answers but I am getting worried, VERY worried. I DONT think (or refuse to think) thats is some kind of tumor. Do ANY of you have ANY idea. I read all there is to read (atleast alot). Any experiences of this kind would help me and perhaps make me feel a little bit better during the christmas holliday.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Re: 4 year old kid got headache two times a day

Has he been to the eye doctor? Maybe he just needs glasses!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

alleyoop49 HB User

Could be a number of things. It sounds a lot like cluster headaches - hope not! They are unilateral (one side of the head, usually behind the eye). Does his nose stop up or run? Does he get a 'droopy eye'? These are VERY INTENSE headaches, so I hope that is not what he has. You need to get him to a neurologist, preferably one who specializes in headaches.

Good luck,

alley

Old 12-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
(male)

joandarc HB User

Thanks for kind answers.
No, we havent been to the eye doctor but YEAS we have thought about it.
And No, he havent got stop or run in his nose and no "droppy eye". BUT he says his ear gets VERY warm. Its gets VERY red. During the weekend it didnt happen as regular nor frequent. So, we thought it was fading away. So now we got a more un regular (random) headache, 1 to 2 times a day. Even one day he didnt get it at all.
We now have time to make a CT (I think thats the englich term) on thursday. See what they say.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Your child may be suffering from allergies. Has he been tested for such?

If you live in a "warm" climate, he may be allergic to grass, trees, pollen, dust, flowers, etc all of which can cause mild to severe headaches in small children as well as in adults.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 AM   #6
(male)

joandarc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine
Your child may be suffering from allergies. Has he been tested for such?

If you live in a "warm" climate, he may be allergic to grass, trees, pollen, dust, flowers, etc all of which can cause mild to severe headaches in small children as well as in adults.
Yeah, we have thought about it. But everything takes time. First is the CT (we did it today), then we get the result from that. Expecting doctor to call today or tomorrow. After that I assume there will be tests of his eyes, that allergies, maybe "phsycological" causes (stress, preassure), etc.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Tattooall HB User

Just wondering how your son is doing. Did you hear the results of the CT yet? I wouldn't worry about it being a tumor. His symptoms do not sound anything like a tumor to me. I have done a lot of research on the topic. People with tumors experience constant non stop headaches, fatigue, nausea & vomiting, dizzyness and fainting. Seizures can also occur as well as memory loss and problems speaking. I really dont think your son has a tumor.

Allergies could be one idea. Let us know how the CT results are. Best of luck to you and your son!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

When my son was four, he's now five he used to complain that he had headaches and that his knee's hurt. Still don't know what it was. I chalked it up to growing pains. To this day if he runs alot or what not his legs hurt.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
that allergies, maybe "phsycological" causes (stress, preassure), etc.
Just curious: Just what type of "pressure" & "stress" does your 4 year have?

Old 12-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #10
(male)

joandarc HB User

Thansk again for all answers... and questions? Two thing I forgot to tell is that he gets his aches he says his ear is hot (maybe I mentioned this). You can clearly se it gets red (outer ear) AND he wants to rest and feels tired. When the aches is gone, he is up again and running anf playing, happy as usual.

About stress and preassure. Dont know really, he is in very sensitive phase of his life I think with lot of things to learn, a younger brother that has started Pre School in the same group and he might fell he have some kind of responsibility, I meen more that he should feel. He also have started to read and write which can be consider early (almos 4 years, four days left).

No we think of: His eyes, Allergies, Low blood suger, tension Headaches... hmm maybe sinuit or something with that (even he is too young thet say), thats about it. And yeas, we also heard about a kid that had headaches for a period and then it was gone and a year later the parats almost didnt remeber it. We hope that we are in that kind of situation a year from now.

Last edited by joandarc; 12-31-2005 at 07:55 AM.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:29 AM   #11
(male)

joandarc HB User
Re: 4 year old kid got headache two times a day (Q to Soulcatcher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
When my son was four, he's now five he used to complain that he had headaches and that his knee's hurt. Still don't know what it was. I chalked it up to growing pains. To this day if he runs alot or what not his legs hurt.
For how long did he have this? How often? Where and with what other symptoms? Would be very nice to hear.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
(male)

joandarc HB User

OK, sorry for bumping this (my own) thread but would like to make an update. Now we have been to the CT and there were no signs of something "strange" in my boys head. Lucky me! BUT the headache is stille there, 1-3 times in a very non regular pattern. Now there is also some at nights. Visited the doctor to get a time to a child neurologist to start en REAL investigation abot what it is he suffer from. What is strange that he complais about paint in the outer ear (red and hot) at the same time as the eyebrow (over left eye). and his normal "state" in between the attacks is as usual, that is normal.
Since some days now i gets Ibuprofen (NSAID?) three time a day so now he only gets some attacks at night and sometimes if we MISS to give him medicine. Its like the HA waits for the drug to end its effect and then strikes. Some attacks are much more severe then others, some are mild so they are over in some 10 minuts and otehr are full blown with crying (like in interval, slowly pulsing). He likes cold on his ear and forehead during the attack and he wants to restm lie down and close his eyes, to rest. After a few attacks (afternoon or evening) he felt asleep.
I really hopeing for a solution for my kid SOON. This is keeping me down on my knees and I cant work, like a depression has struck me.

Closed Thread