It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

joycepaula HB User
Scalp sensitive to the touch

Every now and then, my scalp is super-sensitive to touch. Even very light touch causes it to hurt all over. My mother has never been able to wear a hat for the same reason. Both of us are headache sufferers, but I don't know if this scalp sensitivity is part of a headache syndrome or something else. Anyone have similar reactions?

Old 01-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: Scalp sensitive to the touch

I have the same problem, started a few years ago. I cant even wear my hair up anymore--my scalp gets very sore, and then when I take my hair down--it really hurts too. I dont know what is causing it, but I can relate.

schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

topsi2x HB User

I often get this as well. I have tried to research it but can not really find any information on it. My mother claims it is stress related as she gets it. Possibly... don't really know.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
(female)

violaa HB User

i get the same thing alot i find mine happens most when my sinuses are inflamed what ido is wash my hair alot i think it soaking it in hot water that helps then i take sudafed but it is so sore and scary but it get better after i take meds for sinuses and also ive been under alot of stress also

Old 01-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi headache group:

Do you all have headaches or migraines? I believe what you guys are describing is called "allodynia" you can google it and get more information, but I get this also and everything that I have found on this is related to migraine.

Hope this helps-

Frango

Old 01-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
(female)

joycepaula HB User

Hi Frango - I looked up allodynia, and yes, it does seem to describe my symptoms! Very interesting to finally hear that what I've been feeling is a known phenomenon. I don't usually get it at the same time I get headaches, but I do suffer from headaches as well, some of them migraines.

Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread