It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #1

ahartzok HB User
once, honors student... now can't think and failing, cronic head pressure/headache

I've had Cronic pressure in my head, a sort of headache if you will for three years, and it has progressively gotten worse. It affects everything that I do, but most of all I cannot think, its not ADD, not ADHD, not depression... been down all of those road... It came about slowly a few years ago... I am so out of tuch with things around me it makes life extremely hard. I am failing school when I used to be an honors student and I can't think about nething no matter what it is, simple comprehension of things I know I can do and have done is nearly impossible. It is not drugs or alchohol of anysort. A preasure in the front of my head on like my brain...

I've been down ever route I could have been down with it, glands and so on but nothing. I've been to so many doctors and had so many tests but nothing conclusive. I'm begining to think that its totally hopeless and have given up on many things I've strived for as a 17 year old highschool student. My dreams of being a doctor and being successful have gone in the shadows. I am quite smart and have a fairly high IQ, but something is blocking all of my thought,.. IT is as if I am in a daize.

It is on the top of my head, in the front somewhat, but more so inside my head... I don't know what it is and it keeps getting worse, and soon I don't think I'll be able to do much, its debilitating and depressing to be so out of tuch with the world around you and if only I could totally explain my symptoms.

PLEASE HELP, IF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS OR ANY BACKROUND..

Last edited by ahartzok; 05-31-2006 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 AM   #2
(male)

ballpointpen HB User
Re: once, honors student... now can't think and failing, cronic head pressure/headache

I get bad one's too and depression follows. The best thing I have found for headache is IMITREX. Small pill, need Dr. prescription, works for me...big time! If you smoke, try to limit it while having pain and when you do smoke, go outside in the air. Shower and menthol on eye lid & under nose seem to help a little too. Drink de-caf or half caf coffee. Depression seems to decrease when headache goes away, also might want to talk to friend/family member about a "non"depression topic ..the good old days. Do something you LIKE doing. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User
Re: once, honors student... now can't think and failing, cronic head pressure/headach

Quote:
I've been to so many doctors and had so many tests but nothing conclusive.
What kinds of doctors? What were their specialties?

Are you currently taking any medications? If so, what?

Are you male or female?

Old 06-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #4

December716 HB User
Re: once, honors student... now can't think and failing, cronic head pressure/headache

That's interesting. What you describe, being in a daze, reminds me of when I'm in a state of depersonalization/dissociation. My cognitive abilities definitely decline and I will function at a very poor level, and I usually have a headache when I feel this way. My grades fluctuate so much based on when I'm feeling this way and when I'm not. If I am, I can't study or think clearly, and even if I try to study, nothing gets through and I have no ability to recall anything I read/did. If there is nothing physically wrong with you, you might want to look in to it just for the sake of trying to find an answer.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
(female)

lauralu2000 HB User

Hi...google psuedotumer cerebri and see if that is something oyu should ask your dr. about. Are oyu male or female? This is more common in females . However there are men and boys who have it as well.

It is a diagnosis of exclussion. A spinal tap showing a high spinal fluid pressure above 200 or 20 depending how the Neuro reads it.

Is your eyesite effected at all? Have you had an eye exam done lately? Sometimes your eyesite can be effected but you do not realize it.

I hope you get feeling better soon. My daughter was dx'd with psuedotumer cerebri 2 years agao. Neuro thinks the psuedotumor has resolved but that it has gone into chronic daily headache with migrains. She has basically had a headache going on two years now. She is in 9th grade and the past two years of school have been brutal for her. Consentration, memory retention all of that is very tough for her.
Take care

Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
(male)

stillseeking HB User

ahartzok,

email me please if you get the chance. I have very similar simptoms and have been going on two years. I have some meds that help, but I'd like to trade notes. I'm a 26 y/m. [email]REMOVED[/email].

David

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-28-2006 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread