It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

italianfire HB User
topamax question??

I take only 25mg topamax at night.
I was wondering if it cause constipation.Something is causeing Constipation.I suffer also from IBS-C so its worse of coarse.I was doing go but since I have taken either this or
I take Clonazenpam 0.5mg twice a day for anxiety its getting worse.
the Clonazenpam does say can cause Constipation Does anyone know about topamax if it can cause that to??
HELP I AM STUFFED UP...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
(female)

Gobsmacked HB User
Re: topamax question??

Sorry, it appears to be on the list of common side effects . I have had that problem my entire life and it has been worse lately, can't believe I didn't check that darn list!! I have a new one tonight. My arms and face are all red and hot and i look like i have a sunburn but i haven't been outside at all!!
I hope you feel better soon. I bet you are already drinking plenty of water to avoid the kidney stones so you will probably have to add more fiber or take a stool softener Ain't life fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
(female)

jane1971 HB User
Re: topamax question??

Yes, that is a side effect that I had too. When I got off of the Topamax is when I really realized how bad that side effect had been. But as the previous post said, you have options in this area. Softeners, daily fiber tabs, enema. Unless you actually have stomach cramps and pain, I wouldn't let this keep me from taking it. I had very good results from Topamax for about 6 months. Unfortunately my body readjusted itself and after a while the Topamax didn't work for me. Hopefully it'll be good for you.

Also as someone else said, drink lots and lots of water!!

Closed Thread