It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

cuckoobirdy HB User
Ear ringing with a Migraine??

I just celebrated one full year of the onset of hormonal migraines. I get them twice every month. The migraine I have now however, is the first one in which I have ringing in one ear. Has anyone experienced this as a side effect of a migraine?

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User
Re: Ear ringing with a Migraine??

hello cuckoobirdy, I get the ear ringing on my migraine side, left sided for me. Sometimes my ear feels like a megaphone is sticking out of it, and everything is amplified. Do you ever get weird facial feelings? I get a feeling that feels like bugs crawling under my skin, or a tickle. Talk again!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #3
(female)

cuckoobirdy HB User

Thanks for the reply - I was beginning to think I was crazy. It is getting better, but lingering. I get tingling sometimes mainly on the back of my head.
How are you treating your migraines?
Thanks!
Rachel

Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User

Hi Rachel, I don't like the way the migraine meds made me feel, I usually can lessen the pain with a 800 mg Motrin, sometimes I have to take another a few hours later, and I use a heating pad under the base of my neck, this is where I feel most of my pain. I just started PT yesterday, I hope that maybe this will help, the therapist said that he could feel the tighntess and spasms on the left side beneath the skull base, that is where the pain is located. I also watch what I eat, mainly I have hormonal headaches that are brought on near ovulation or menstration. Take care

Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
(female)

blackcloud HB User

I haven't been able to figure out a trigger yet for my migraines. I've had them now for 4 years. I have the ringing in my ears and a fullness in my ears, like when you are in an airplaine and your ears pop, but my don't with my migraines. I've been sent for MRI's, and have had an ENG done and there is nothing wrong with my ears or inner ears. Most times the ringing is so bad it makes me dizzy and I lay in bed holding my ears because it muffles sound a bit. When my ears are ringing I also have a fan, an airconditoner on, or a static channel on the TV at night to kinda muffle the ringing a bit.

I haven't found anything to relieve the ringing, or my migrianes yet...it just runs it's course, today in day 7 with my current migraine and it's still going strong...and no relief in sight.

Closed Thread