It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

MarkC1 HB User
Head Pressure - Light headed

I went to my GP in Feb with the following symptoms. Forehead pressure (right at the bridge of the nose) and a lightheaded feeling, maybe even a small case of dizziness that would come and go. I never get so dizzy that I black out or stumble but I do feel dizzy. Addtionally, I am constantly feeling tired and run down. After trying over the counter medications with nothing helping, I called my GP and he connected me up with an ENT Dr. The first visit he ran many tests and stated that he thought I had had a viral infection of the inner ear. Told me it would clear up with time. I left feeling pretty good. Several weeks later I felt worse than before and after calling his office he put me on steroids and was told to visit him again in 2 weeks. That day I once again felt good during my visit with him and he prescribed Singulair (I am still taking these). This is now going on 2 weeks and I still get this pressure at the bridge of my nose, I feel lightheaded and I also experience a shooting pain or swath of dizziness that passes thru my head very quickly several times a day. I am tired of feeling poor and don't know what to do? Both Dr.s seemed to agree that a brain tumor was out of the question but I don't know for sure. I read about them on line and don't believe that I show the usualy symptoms of a turmor. Does anyone else have these problems? I am thinking about visiting a Neurologist. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
(female)

hippichick HB User
Re: Head Pressure - Light headed

Sounds a lot like sinus problems

Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
(male)

MarkC1 HB User
Re: Head Pressure - Light headed

Yes the the GP thought it was Sinusitis and that is why he sent me to the ENT. The ENT doesn't believe it is sinusitis and still believes that it is an inflamation of the inner ear. My concern is that I am lightheaded, with periods of living in a fog and quick bouts of a lightning bolt pain with short periods of dizziness that follows. Additionally I am exhausted much of the time and have tingly sensations at the back of my waist and down my legs and into my feet. I don't know if I am more concerned with the head pressure which is behind my eyes and forehead or the sensations that have recently appeared in my legs. Could this be the beginning signs of MS? I am 52 years old and have always heard that MS starts much younger in life.

Closed Thread