It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

dianna197 HB User
Question sharp head pain, in back of head.

Hope someone knows about this?
For about 5 days now, i have had a sharp pain on the top right of my head, it only last for about 2 sec, and then goes away, this is happening every 3 mins sometimes, and other times it goes away for about 1 hour. it has keep me up at night and even woke me up a few times. I did make a docs appt, but it is not untill next week! This pain is very sharp and kills but then as fast as it came it is gone????

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
Re: sharp head pain, in back of head.

Please let me know what your doctor says. I have had the same type of symptoms all weekend, except for the fact that mine are subsiding sometimes for several hours. I also am feeling pressure in my head off and on along with it. I am sorry you are experieincing this because I know for a fact, its scary! I wish I had advice but all I can do right now is empathize and hope that we both get some answers.

I hope you are feeling better by now!

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
(female)

happygrammy HB User

i am so glad to know i'm not losing my mind. i have had these sharp, intense but brief pains in the back of my head for months. it happens when i move my head in a certain way, cough, sneeze, etc. it is a horrible pressure and stabbing pain that shoots from bottom to top of head, right up the center. lasts for about 10-15 seconds. but those seconds are the most painful i've ever had. if i'm sitting on the sofa and push my head hard into the back of sofa it seems to relieve some of the pain. i go to the va and the first time i mentioned this to my doctor, she said it was probably from my high blood pressure. a few months later with a new doctor, i was told it was a migraine. i've never had a migraine, in fact i hardly ever get headaches. she gave me a new blood pressure med that helps with migraines...it hasn't done a thing. just another pill to take. my blood pressure isn't that bad! i have a follow up appt in a couple weeks, but as a smoker, i keep thinking i have a brain tumor or something horrible like that. it is very scarey and it hurts so bad and i get lightheaded. when the sharp pain subsides, i'm left with a dull ache. let me know what you all find out and i will do the same. thanks

Old 09-21-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
(female)

mumof3fairies HB User

Yep, I posted ith the above one about pinching but was meant to post here. I get that pain that runs up from the back of the left ear to the top left of my head. It feels terrible and I think I have only been getting that particular pain every now and then for a year. Long enough I know but not caompared to how long I have had the headaches, 15+ yrs. I don't know what it is caused from but I can get it when I move a certain way also so maybe it is my neck considering all ny neck problems.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

MsLaura49 HB User
Question Re: sharp head pain, in back of head.

Good day, I have had a very sharp pain in the back of my back, lower, right side for over 15 years now. It only happens sporadically and normally only happens when I turn my head to the left. (Of course not every time I look to the left).... the pain is so sharp I can only compare it to being stabbed in the head. The pain last for approximately 10 seconds and then goes away. I don't have any after pains. I have recently gone to my Dr regarding this pain and I was told it is not a tumor or cancer because if it was it would have killed me already with the amount of time I have had the pain. Basically the answer I got was we will keep an eye on it... KEEP AN EYE ON IT????? I have had it for 15 years, what more do you want me to watch..... This pain has not stopped me from doing anything I have wanted to do but I must say that the pain is unbearable and I could do with out it. If anyone has any info for me, please share....

Old 10-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Wow! I was so surprised when I read this thread. I could have written any of these posts. Has anyone found out anything from a visit to the doctor? When I talked to my internist about my pain, he looked at me rather quizically as though he was thinking "That's interesting...." The first few times this happened I was ready to call 911 as I was convinced I was about to have a stroke. But after several months of this, I now realize that, so far at least, nothing has happened. My internist also suggested it could be TMJ. I'll be watching to see if anyone has learned anything of interest. regards to all you fellow sufferers, tsohl

Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User

Could be cluster headaches .... google them

Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
(female)

29Forever HB User

Research Neuralgia on the web. From what I have read, a lot of Doctors totaly overlook it. I guess it isn't easy to diagnose. I really think it is worth checking out.

Closed Thread