It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

SkooterSnowy HB User
Constant Pressure Headache

I think I am heading into my third (maybe fourth) month of a non stop headache...I dont know how you all cope, if you have any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them. This is not a migrane, not TMJ, not tension or sinus...it is mostly restircted to the back portion of my head and consists of outward pressure, it feels like my head is going to explode, like how you get a headache when you cry really hard but to the 10th power. As I see more Docs and eat more pills and nothing works the pain gets to me and I get more and more depressed on top of the discomfort. I mean one of my Dr. 's even ordered a pregnancy test and I havent had sex in 3 years!!!!! This is the lunacy I am dealing with. Davocet doesn't even BEGIN to touch it, Topomax does less than nothing, in fact I believe it is causing added issues, Epidrin what can I say I might as well not take anything for all the good these pills do. Unless I eat 4 or 5 at a time (not the Topomax), then they begin to take the edge off. Sometimes laying with a heating pad wrapped around my head helps a little bit. I have never suffered from headaches before in my life (except the occassional hangover), until Feb. of this year when this all started.
If anyone has any suggestion I would love to hear them

Old 09-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Smile Re: Constant Pressure Headache

Hi Skootersnowy,

Have you had an MRI or CT scan to rule out serious cause? Has your blood pressure been checked? Do you have any neck or back problems? Problems with your neck can cause headaches like you described as well as other conditions, most of what you have listed as NOT being the cause..
Those are the only other things that come to mind.. I suffer from chronic headaches also so I understand your frustration.. sorry I couldn't offer more help to you.. take care hope & hope you find some answers!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
(female)

SkooterSnowy HB User
Re: Constant Pressure Headache

I did get an MRI in Feb when this initially presented as a stereotypical migrane, and the results were "unremarkable", since then nothing. I am scheduled for some blood work- a CBCD and T4 and TSH whatever those are (besides the pregnancy test haha). Went to a Neurologist, physical exam also showed I am 'healthy', no signs of stroke or intercranial pressure.
Blood pressure is fine. I forgot to add also I am a steroid dependent asthmatic female mid 30's.
I really would like some suggestions on how you cope with the day to day, I mean do you still hold a job? How do you contine to function? What helps you get through? How do you block out the constant pain? I am not whining here, I usually have a high tolerance to pain, but this is getting a bit tiresome.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #4
(female)

mumof3fairies HB User

Hi,

It is pretty awful getting pain all the time. I have had a constant headache for 15 yrs now and let me tell you I am at my wits end. Some days I don't know how I survive but I do. My husband isn't the most sympathetic so I suppose I just have to get on with it. I have a strong pain tolerance to I think. I must because I enjoy my labours. My Dr can't find anything other than a few bulging discs. Have you tried natural therapies? None of these ever worked for me but I have heard of them helping others. So in the Mri no bulging discs showed up. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
(female)

SkooterSnowy HB User

15 year!!! OMG! How do you manage? Pls if you have any advice....I am desperate...
So far everything normal...I am at just the beginning though

Old 09-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
(female)

mumof3fairies HB User

Hi,
I honestly don't know how I manage. I feel like I am going nuts with the pain but because I have had it for so long and since I was so young then I unfortunately don't feel that optimistic about finding something that is going to help me. Because it is so early for you then you can afford to be optimistic. There are probably so many more roads you can go down. I feel as though I have run out of ideas. I didn't know how to find you through yahoo.
See you.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
(male)

cc123 HB User

I have no idea how you manage either, I'm into my 7,8,9th week of headaches? Can't remember now and I feel like I'm going to throttle someone of punch holes in the walls!!

When you say your getting pain and pressure at the rear of your head, can tension headaches not affect all parts of your head and not totally restircted to the sides? I'm just trying to understand more myself....

Closed Thread