It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

LilJean HB User
Headache 6 days straight!!!!

Hi,

I have had a headache for 6 days now. It just won't end. I have a lot of stress and anxiety, and the pain is all over my head. The back, the sides, the top, the forehead, and my temples. It throbs, it pounds, it aches, it gets intense and then dull...it waxes and wanes...it moves around. I am ready to pull out my hair!!

I massaged the neck and shoulder areas but that seemed to make it worse...so I stopped doing that. I may have over-massaged it and did more harm than good. I stretched...that helped briefly.

I take Motrin for the best pain relief but I have an ulcer so I have to watch the Motrin. I use Excedrin and Tylenol - double doses of each together and that helps for about four hours and back it comes.

Has anyone else had a LOOOOOONG headache that just won't end?

I was on Prevacid and I wonder if that did something...I stopped taking it four days ago...headache still here.

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
(female)

mumof3fairies HB User
Re: Headache 6 days straight!!!!

Sorry to hear that you have had pain. Unfortunately I know how you feel. I have had a non-stop headache for 15 yrs straight now with no relief. Nothing has worked with me. When I get a full on one I use a heat pack and take a codeine tab and only sometimes that helps. If worse comes to worse I have to go and get a shot from the Dr. Even that doesn't take the pain away.
Massage always makes mine worse also.
There isn't much that I can tell you to do because nothing works with me. I sympathise with you though. I hope you find relief from something. Maybe go back to your Dr for advice on what else you can take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread