It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

rsmith89 HB User
Unhappy About to lose it!!!

I am so tired of not having a life due to migraines. I am about to lost my job, my children don't want to be home ( which who could blame them) I don't want to be around myself either but that is not easy to do. Hubby is goin nuts. I spend more time in my bed than anywhere else. Have tried so many medications it is unreal. Anybody have any suggestions?????
I know i am new here but would greatly appreciate any advice

Last edited by rsmith89; 10-11-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

Nikki22 HB User
Re: About to lose it!!!

All I know to do is keep trying medications until you find one that works. If your'e on several medications, they could work against each other though. What finally worked for me is Maxalt 10 mg - it disolves in my mouth and it takes about 2 - 3 hours and my headache is gone. They're expensive, but truly worth it to me !!! I hope you find what works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

gonnabarockxtar HB User

I don't really have any advice for you, but you should know that you aren't alone.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User

go outside and get some air, go walk even if very little. Start taking a mulit vitamin and calcium and magnesium before bed.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
(male)

Pioneer HB User

My wife was having them (headaches) bad.

After years of not having a eye exam.. during it, it was discovered she had she had glaucoma after some eye drops and things her pressure dropped and guess what went away ... just maybe a idea.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
(female)

rsmith89 HB User
Unhappy Re: About to lose it!!!

I have tried maxalt, relpax, midrin, imitrex....so many i don't remember them all
the most recent was topomax was made me worse. i have had a migraine for 3 days now been to er and my md for shots, shots didn't help--she prescribed some pain meds which has finally eased it to a dull headache.
I did have a mri of neck and head today hopefully will get results by monday.
my ten year old daughter came up to me this morn before school and said she hoped the doc could fix me today because she misses me and my 17 yr old daughter who is a senior (her big year) is in the parade tomorrow and really wants me there. It is breaking my heart to miss out on so much with them. I know my husband feels like he doesn't have a wife anymore because i never feel good (and i mean NEVER) My head always hurts and i'm always tired and drained, i am just taking up space most of the time. I can't work,
keep my house clean and i have always been a neat freak. I just hope i get answers soon.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #7
(female)

JackieH HB User

Hi RS...

So sorry about your exhasperation. I know chronic pain is so hard.
Please read my message to you & mumof3 about the Topamax, tho, K?

Hope it helps.

JackieH

Old 10-14-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
(female)

JackieH HB User

PS...
Dear RS,

Just praying that you are having a better weekend & that your headache stays dull or is gone while you await your MRI results. I hope you soon get the help you need.

In the meantime...do hang in there. I wrote to Mumof3 just now on her sickof the pain thread (i think it was called.) Some thoughts about being a mum on there might help you a little bit right now.

Your family will be OK. They love you. It's OK to rest your head. I have a 12 yr.old little girl. I know the tears you're crying over your 10 yr old's comments. Please read my post to Mof3. My little girl is turning into a really beautiful young lady as she is learning compassion.

Keep us posted.

JackieH

Old 10-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #9
(female)

rsmith89 HB User
Smile Re: About to lose it!!!

Jackie
I want u to know that the support from all of you is so great i know i am not alone with this pain. My daughter asked that her float be the first one so I could come see her and leave before the bands started. Her face just lite up when she saw me there. It made my heart just melt. I also took my 10 yr old to the fireworks show last night after the game, we sat in the car and watched, she was so excited to go. I am going to push myself and get my life back for my kids and husband. They miss me so much and I miss them.
Hopefully I will get answers on Monday from my mri. Just pray for Me please

Old 10-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
(female)

JackieH HB User

Hi RS,

I will pray.
So happy you had those precious moments with your girls! That's so great!
Please remember to allow yourself the rest you need.
I have pushed myself for my loved ones, I think maybe a little too hard & now they are forcing me to rest. Be sure to remember there is a balance so that your headache can & will get better, K?

Bye for now.
JackieH

Old 10-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #11
(female)

twentytwo100 HB User

i'm so sorry... i know how you feel.. my husband is so sick of hearing about my headaches, and my boss thinks i'm making things up, and thinks it's all in my head... thinks if i tell myself i'm getting better.. that i WILL... nutcase! lol.

it's hard when people aren't experiencing this pain for themselves.... i hope that you find a medication that works for you soon.. i say take a nice day out for yourself... go get pampered and get a massage.. get your nails done, take a day for YOU and forget about all your worried.. at least for a couple hours....

i hope things get better for you soon.....

Old 10-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
(male)

lucky427 HB User

Do you have headaches without aura? If so please, please do some research on trigger points. Where is exactly do you get your pain? I can give you some tips on how to get started.

Closed Thread