It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
(male)

Playdrv4me1982 HB User
Recurrent headaches in the SAME spot for over a year, maybe 2.

Hi,

Ive lingered around these boards and posted for a few years now, but had to create a new ID since I lost my password.

Anyhow... On to my issue...

I suffered with MANY health problems for the better part of the past 2-3 years, culiminating in multiple doctor visits, CT scan of my abdomen and many many problems. Most of it seemed to resolve when I was put on Lupus medication temporarily at the end of 2005. I breathed a sigh of relief for a while, but one symptom that has NEVER gone away in the past 1.5 to 2 years is a headache which really worries me.

The kind of headache I get is written up in medical websites all over the place as being the "worst" kind. It is very easy to describe. Pretty much about every week or so, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, I get a headache... or more accurately... head "pain" at the RIGHT SIDE BACK of my head, toward the bottom. It NEVER changes position, but sometimes it can radiate out or cause secondary headache. I do not get these headaches in the morning, or when I am sleeping, they gradually progress over the course of the day and if I take 2 or 3 ibuprofen, it will go away.

It also has the telltale signs of a "traction" headache, so if I run up a flight of stairs, or bend over and then stand up, it pulsates with pain a bit, as well as when I shake my head back and forth.

The only other strange symptom I have always noticed, something I discovered by accident when I scrunched my nose one day, is that scrunching my RIGHT nostril or pressing up on my right nostril with my hand, effects a slight tinge of pain on the same spot where the headache occurs in the back of my head.

My worry from everything I have read is this is the classic presentation of a brain tumor!

Background info... im a male in my mid 20's, about 20-30lb overweight with no prior medical problems or history of problems in my family, other than the Lupus which I may or may not have had previously.

Any input is appreciated,
Thanks.
I.N.

Last edited by Playdrv4me1982; 12-29-2006 at 11:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
(male)

Playdrv4me1982 HB User
Re: Recurrent headaches in the SAME spot for over a year, maybe 2.

Anyone out there??

Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

pumpkin04 HB User

go to a doctor and them your concers and they will do multiple test to see if you have any problems....

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
(female)

krista1357 HB User

I myself have a headache in the same spot, toward the back but on the right side of my head. I considered changes in my eyes so I went to the eye doctor and found out there was a bigger issue. My optical nerve is pushed out due to some kind of pressure in my brain. Could be brain swelling, could be extra fluid on my brain or possibly a tumor. I'm scheduled for my MRI and Lumbar Puncture next week. I was referred to a Neurologist by the eye doctor. I had the headaches for 6 months and take between 9 and 14 ibuprofen a day. For now I'm taking Nortriptolyne (probly not spelled correctly) which was prescribed to help prevent the headaches..I think it's actually used in Migraine patients.

I don't go to the doctor often. I'm 38 and sit in the line up with my 16 year old son waiting to catch a wave. We surf, scuba dive, offshore fish..you name it..i'm very active and healthy. Now I'm scared to death. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my boys. The only advice I can give is what I tell myself now.....NEVER EVER think it will just go away..go get checked out...it could be nothing or it could be your worse nightmare. Trust me, the not knowing and the waiting to find out is excruciating.

Closed Thread