It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

bestyear07 HB User
Headache on right side behind eye

Does anyone relate or can someone tell me what this headache can be....I get it about once a month it is always on the right side of my head behind my right eye....sometimes it is dreadful to where I am sick and dizzy with it and at times it is just there but tolorable....nothing seems to make it go away....I try asprin,tylanol,even ecedrine migraine hasn't helped...it usually last around 2 days and then just goes away...but this time it has been three days and it is still a dull pain that varies in degrees ....i never have any warning when this will come on me....I am really interested in some answers here if anyone can shed light on this for me.....thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to bestyear07:
yeahibelieve (01-16-2011)
Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
(female)

jule12 HB User
Re: Headache on right side behind eye

It sounds like an ocular migraine without the vision problems. I get it as well as the classic migraine on the side of my head. My eye pain is pulsating. You need to see a neurologist. He or she can give you the correct migraine medicine if that is what they think it is. If you catch the migraine early enough, these medicines work, if not, the only thing that works in my case is a narcotic pain killer. Out of all the migraine medicines out now, I find Relpax works best for me. It doesn't make me feel woozy like Zomig, so I can drive and go on with my normal activities.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
(female)

edithkeeler HB User
Re: Headache on right side behind eye

Yes I can relate. I get them once a month too behind the right eye ( I have one right now) and it lasts for 2-3 days. Mine only is related to the drop in estrogen during period time. I get this headache either a couple days before my period or duing my period or at teh very end of the flow. My doctor has just recently given me birth control pills to take non stop so I don't get a period because of this. The bc pills did not agree with me so now she gave me 1 mg of estradiol to take daily. I really can't stand this, right now its pretty bad, I took a vicodin earlier in the day and it took teh edge off but now its back full swing. Often the headache makes me nauseous and I have thrown up with it a few times. Btw aspirin.tylenol, motrin etc. does nothing to stop it.

Last edited by edithkeeler; 04-07-2007 at 08:37 PM.

Closed Thread