It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

ABCmama HB User
Head ache when bending over, coughing or sneezing

I have had this weird headache 3 times now. On the days that my allergies are bad I get this headache but only feel the pain when I bend over, sneeze, cough or blow my nose. I feel it worse when bending over, but other than that when I walk around its not painful. The pain is at the top and back of the head. Could it be from a deeper sinus?

The Following User Says Thank You to ABCmama For This Useful Post:
bkkjaxx (02-18-2012)
Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
(female)

catcopy HB User
Re: Head ache when bending over, coughing or sneezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCmama View Post
I have had this weird headache 3 times now. On the days that my allergies are bad I get this headache but only feel the pain when I bend over, sneeze, cough or blow my nose. I feel it worse when bending over, but other than that when I walk around its not painful. The pain is at the top and back of the head. Could it be from a deeper sinus?
I get this very same thing! I'm recently getting over a virus/cough/hoarseness thing and now I'm left with this unusual headache in the back of my head on the left side. It only hurts when I bend over or cough. Medication has not seemed to help it. I had this same thing a couple of times before and it's always gone away after a week or two. The older I get the more I think I need to talk to my doctor about this but it seems like as soon as I make the appt. that headache is gone. I'd sure like to know if anyone has any ideas about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
(male)

headhurtswhy HB User

Have you found out why this is happening? I have the same symptoms...

Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

It sounds a lot like a sinus headache to me. Taking a decongestant and/or nasal spray along with a pain reliever will help tremendously if that is the cause. I get sinus headaches a lot, especially in the summer.

Nancy

Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
(female)

feather319 HB User

I have been getting these same symptoms. It is not a sinus headache. My pain is on the top right side of my head, kinda towards the back but more in the middle. When I bent over or cough my head hurts. It doesn't hurt from bouts of coughing either. It hurts with one cough. Then the pain lingers forever.

I've had a headache for more than a month now. A few times is has gone away but comes back again.

I've read about cough headaches. Is this the same thing?

Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 AM   #6
(female)

silvercharm1 HB User
Smile Re: Head ache when bending over, coughing or sneezing

I've had this same headache on the same side for almost a year now. It hurts when I cough especially, but when I bend over, and when I sneeze.
I've been to the doc and he doesn't know what it is. He treated me for migraines but I knew it wasn't migraines so I quit taking the very expensive meds that didn't do anything. Once I've coughed and gotten it, it stays until I go to sleep and then I awake without it. I'm experimenting with some vitamin/mineral supplements and I can say it has eased but not gone away.
I would appreciate anyone's input on this. silvercharm1

Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
(female)

silvercharm1 HB User

Has anyone found out what is causing the "bending over, coughing headaches"?

The Following User Says Thank You to silvercharm1 For This Useful Post:
spykid42 (02-27-2012)
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

I would agree that it sounds like sinus related as well. The area you describe has a major sinus cavity there. A CT scan would determine if you have any sinus problems....You may be surprised the impact blocked or clogged sinuses can have on headaches & etc. I know first hand......

Good luck.

Ex

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #9
(female)

silvercharm1 HB User

Thank you for your reply. You said you know first hand; I would be interested in hearing your story.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

All of a sudden one day, I started having awful allergy problems (in my early 20s). The ENT says that everyone has a predisposition to certain levels of allergens and when you've reached your limit, you starting having reactions and then they are almost always life long. I literally woke up one day and had allergies, and they got progressively worse.

Long story short....I had all sorts of sinus issues....blocked paths,polyps, deviated septum, turbinate problems....You name it. Sinus issues run in our family, which isn't uncommon....All families have some health issue or another. I ended up having a series of sinus surgeries for various things...All brought on my allergies. Headaches has been one of my main issues.

You should visit an ENT as the will know exactly what's going on.

Good luck.

Ex

Old 03-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
(female)

silvercharm1 HB User

Ohh, I am sorry for all you gone through. You certainly do have some good knowledge to pass along. Thanks

Closed Thread