It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Chris931 HB User
Pain in back of head

Hi all.. I'm looking for some feedback. I have been having what I call pain in the back of my head. I don't really know that I would call it a headache. I certainly have headaches from time to time, most often because I didn't get my caffeine in for the day, but I take Advil for them and I'm fine.

This feels like someone pushing in a little further in from behind my ears. Sometimes just on one side, sometimes both. Advil, etc doesn't help at all. It isn't constant but comes and goes throughout the course of the day and sometimes it is more painful than others.

My doctor first tried muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories but it didn't help. She referred me to a neurologist now and I'm waiting for my appointment in 2 weeks.

Anyone had any experience like this??

Thanks.
Christine

Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Pain in back of head

I have and after years of meds and chiro's a simple deep tissure massage for $70 helped more than any thing I ever did. I'm not dismissing your pain or making little of it in anyway. I've been there it sucks. If you can get into see a good reputable massage therapist for and it takes the pain away it's alot less than a doctor. I took tons of muslce relaxers and did the chiro I refused to go to a neuro it seemed to extreme for me even though I was having 2-3 day crippling bed ridden migraines alot.

If you do go you will probably be sore the next day. If it's that your muslces are tight when they are loosened they will feel weak and sore. Drink plenty of water after your massage and make the appointment so that you can go home and relax or go to sleep afterwards so your muslces have some quality time to heal. Try not to drink any caffine for the rest of the day just water, juice or green tea. Water helps to move the toxins out of your muslces which can cause them to tighten up.

Good Luck. Hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
(male)

TRIPLEA72 HB User

Chris,

Hope you had better luck with neuro than I've had. I've seen 2 primary docs and 2 neuros. We tried many different meds from topamax, maxult, painkillers, muscle relaxers, antidepressants, nothing has worked. X-rays, CT scans, MRI/MRA, supposedly nothing shows up except a condition called Arnold-Chiari Malformation. This is when the hole at the bottom of your skull is bigger than it should be, allowing the spinal cord to push up and cause a "cranial hemorrhoid". Be careful with docs they always want to say it's beacuse you are depressed or have a lot of anxiety. I have now begun to find out that my problem of severe headaches, neck pain, and right arm tingling might be a herniated disc in my neck. Ask a lot of questions, make the docs listen to you and not just put you on any type of meds. They don't live with the pains that we go through, so therefore they don't understand. Good luck to you, I really hope that things get worked out. reply if you get a solution, it might help one of us.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
(female)

cat3 HB User

I had a constant headache in the back of my head for 15 months. All the Dr's want to do is cover up the pain without finding what is wrong. I was finally told about a naturapath and she immediately put me on Thyroid and Progesterone. I have been on them for 3 months and am back to work which I wasn't able to do for over a year.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
(male)

jay123456 HB User
Exclamation Re: Pain in back of head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat3 View Post
I had a constant headache in the back of my head for 15 months. All the Dr's want to do is cover up the pain without finding what is wrong. I was finally told about a naturapath and she immediately put me on Thyroid and Progesterone. I have been on them for 3 months and am back to work which I wasn't able to do for over a year.
i have about the same thing can you tell me where your pain was and what doc u went to because i been with this pain in back of my head for about one year it last almost all day i cant work or do nothing please help

Closed Thread