It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
New, Severe "Migraines"??

Okay, I've had migraines in the past, but never more than a few in a year. Over the past couple months, I've been having 2-4 a week! They are very, very bad migraines. I become very shaky, can't think, vomit (sometimes violently), become dizzy, and feel so weak that I might collapse or pass out. This is very debilitating and affecting my ability to work and go to school, as well as taking a huge chunk out of my life.

So far, I've tried Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen, and Aleve when the migraine first starts. None of these will even touch it, not even if I try a combo of Tylenol with Ibuprofen. I've also tried doing nasal sprays (in case it was sinus related), still no better. I've tried easing off of Caffeine...still didn't work. I try heat, cold to help relieve it...but usually nothing helps. Sometimes the Migraines will last an entire day or days.

This is really messing up my life, someone recommended I see my doctor about Imitrex...but I wanted to see if there were other options before resorting to expensive prescription medications.

Any suggesions??

Thanks.

Closed Thread