It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
(female)

Kabuto1981 HB User
Unhappy Cluster headaches and dental work

All you fellow cluster headache sufferers and those of you who are knowledgeable about clusters, this question is for you. Back in summer 2005 I had a bunch of fillings done, and that August I had my wisdom teeth along with two broken teeth extracted. That December I went into a full blown cluster cycle on my right side. I can't say 100% that the dental work triggered the cluster cycle, but I've read that dental work can be a trigger, and the headaches haven't come back since. Now on Thursday of this week I'm going in for yet more dental work, two root canals and repair work for a broken tooth (probably a crown). I'm petrified that this latest round of dental work will trigger another cluster cycle, and I don't know what I should do. Not having the dental work done isn't an option since I don't want to loose any more teeth, but I don't want to trigger more clusters either. So my question is, was it the trauma of the extraction that was the trigger? Can root canals trigger a cluster cycle in a cluster sufferer? Any input and/or advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Closed Thread