It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

barbara3478 HB User
Unhappy Headache,cracking sound in head and neck

I have had a constant headache starting either from my neck going up the back of my head all around my head and sinus areas....with is is a cracking sound when i turn my head, the cracking sound is all in the same area, neck and head....had CT scan, and sinus scan, all negative....i do have many airbourne allergies....nothing helps...i am now trying acupuncture and hope this will help.....has anyone had a headache with cracking sounds in their head??? Just curious.....

Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

townlake HB User
Re: Headache,cracking sound in head and neck

Yes, I have that too - I ask one Doctor if he could hear it cause it is appears to be loud enough to me for others to hear and he said no, it is really not that loud - he explained that is has to do with the veins and muscles that are involved with the migraine symptoms that move when we move our heads - I might also ask, on occasion do you get a pain in your neck when you open your mouth to eat if you move your head a certain way? He said this is all connected with the type of migraine that we get - like the neck bone is connected to the head bone etc etc etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I kinda have this too. From the back of my head to my r. head and ear and face. I have been getting treated for tmj, but now I'm wondering if its from my neck? It is constant and ruining my life.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
(female)

barbara3478 HB User

I too think I am getting migraines except it't not on one side of my head but all around and down the back of my head and my neck....the cracking is very annoying...i am getting accupunture treatments (2 so far)...still have the headaches but not as severe...maybe the treatments will work...they certainly are costly....what is the treatment for tmj....my jaw hurts sometimes too and my teeth.....thanks for the responses

Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
(female)

barbara3478 HB User

I too think I am getting migraines except it't not on one side of my head but all around and down the back of my head and my neck....the cracking is very annoying...i am getting accupunture treatments (2 so far)...still have the headaches but not as severe...maybe the treatments will work...they certainly are costly....what is the treatment for tmj....my jaw hurts sometimes too and my teeth.....thanks for the responses...

Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

tmj is when your jaw joints are not in the right position. A dentist should be able to diagnose you. I have been having facial muscle spasms , temporal headaches, neck pain and trouble eating and talking but now they think some of it might be from my neck.
If your bite if off they'll fix that. Sometimes missing teeth cause tmj. Just depends- everyone is different and some people wear a splint.

Closed Thread