It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

manda22 HB User
Headaches with neck pain, and fuzzy thinking.

Im 22 and as long as i can remember Ive had a headache almost everyday. It has even been a joke with friends. I have migraines at times, but these are honestly worse than any migraine Ive ever had. They have gotten worse the past couple of years. Everyday even as I type I have this aweful pain on mostly the left side of my head. I have a stiff neck, it hurts to put my chin downwards like to look down. The pain in my neck starts at the bottom of my head and goes all the way down in the middle of my neck. Then on the right and left of the bottom of my head. I went to the doctor once for it and the doctor said it was the muscles in my neck and he cracked my neck by rolling it around I told him i didnt want him to do it, well its been worse since then it didnt help. Alot of times I cant think straight, Ill get even worse really sharp stabbing pains on certain parts of the left side of my head. Ive taken everything I can find in drug stores, it helps for a few minutes 10 maybe at the most. Its really starting to worry me, I think i should get a cat scan or MRI. Sometimes I cant even talk right when I have these headaches. I want to be able to think straight all the time. Does anyone else feel like this, Im sure someone does. What should I do?
Thank you
Manda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

cookingmom HB User
Re: Headaches with neck pain, and fuzzy thinking.

Hi, I am so sorry that you are experiencing such pain. I do not have the pain you have but I just wanted to say that I think you need to pursue this with a different dr. I do think you need an MRI or something to find the source. I don't think you should wait, I think you need to make an appt. tomorrow to get this figured out so that you can live your life. Can your parents assist you with getting the proper help? You will be in my prayers. Bern

Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

Hi, funny I found this post today. I went to the neurologist yesterday
(7-17-07) told him I am having frequent migraines, which go down to the base of my skull then into my right shoulder blade. He set up a Mri test of my neck and a ct scan of my brain. I've had brain surgery in 2002, to remove scar tissue from the right side of my brain, but he doesn't think the headaches are from the surgery. So here we go with testing. I feel drained, but I think that's from the migraines.

My head always hurts on the right side for some reason, and I have pressure behind my right eye. these migraines are usually 2-3 a week, enough to put your life on hold at times.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for, and I would certainly have the doctor to run a MRI and a ct scan if you contiue to have problems.

Blessings,

cindy4hope

Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
(male)

NerveEnding HB UserNerveEnding HB User

Hi Manda,

I think you most likely are having migraines. You say you've had a headache for as long as you can remember--keep in mind that if it were something such as a tumor or a bleed, you would most likely have worsening physical symptoms (i.e. weak arm/leg). You also talk about taking everything at the drug store. I would suspect that you are having rebound headaches which can transform migraine into chronic daily headache.

By the way, about a third of migraineurs have their headaches begin in their neck, and about half have neck involvement at some point.

The good news is that I think your headaches will be very treatable under good medical care. I don't know where in Ohio you are from, but if you are close to Pittsburgh, one excellent headache neurologist is at the University of Pittsburgh--look up Robert Kaniecki, MD at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
(male)

vaio HB User

My neck hurts almost all the time in the sides or in the back, muscles feel weak and from time to time..even 2-3 times a day I get headaches in the back of the head. Sometimes they come with dizziness and brain fog. I take no medication since I tried a lot and none worked.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
(female)

JWillia737 HB User

I have headaches for about 20 years now. I've tried so many things. One thing I've learned lately is that if you can get some relief from the neck pain it tends to give almost instant (although not long lasting) relief of the headache. I learned this from the chiropractor. What you do is tilt your head to one side, pull it down slightly with your hand on that side for an extended stretch and then pull the opposite shoulder down on the other side using that hand. Put your hand that is on your head around your head down to the ear and give a tug and take a couple deep breaths and stretch it a little bit. Then do the other side a couple of times. Let me know if this helps. It does for me. But one thing to remember, don't let your headache get too bad before you try this. Once your migraine gets full blown, it is so much harder to stop it.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

my neurologist ordered a Mri of my neck, found out I have bone spurs in my neck. I'm going to go see a pt on Oct 19th to see what kind of therapy they can do to help me. guess the neck treatment would be injections, but lets stick to the therapy for now. I have had a migraine for the past 5 days, I think it's probably coming from my neck. well off to the pt I go.

Blessings,

cindy4hope

Closed Thread